Projected weight loss!!??

2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Hello all,

I'm shell, from liverpool uk. 5 days in to calorie counting... I'm 5"3 and weigh 157lb...I'm being really strict with myself; and have set goals high, knowing I don't loose huge numbers, as I know I don't have huge numbers to loose, I want to loose 21lb to feel good ????

On the MFP app, I've just had my 'in 5 week you will weigh...' And apparently sticking to a low calorie diet I will only have dropped 5lb?!

So... To the ones who have been doing this longer... Is the projection normally accurate?

I would hope to loose 2lb+ in first week. I'm not unrealistic as the most I've ever lost in a week was 4lb on 800cal a day (Cambridge)

Thanks in advance!! Looking forward to replies ????????????????

It depends on how consistent you are as well as how accurate you are in estimating your intake and output. It's just a projection based on the math...if you muck up the math it's going to impact the projection. It's also important to remember that none of this is linear...but as a general trend, I lost right about what MFP said I would lose as per my stated goals and calorie goals as a general trend over about 9 months...as a general trend I lost about 1 Lb per week.
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    It's Day 5 for me and I have already lost 2 lbs. Yes its probably water weight - I was looking to lose something by this Sat so I can fit into a pair of jeans I wanted to wear for a family event.

I like he projected weight loss thingy, just so I too, can wonder...and dream. I do it all tongue in cheek though. I'm old enough to know the reality of trying to lose weight. I've been going at it, these past days, because I had that Sat goal. After that, I will be content to lose 1 lb a week.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    I am working on one pound a week now. I need to slow it down so I don't get discouraged by starving myself. I am eating 1,450 calories but maybe less this week due to a flu. :drinker:

There are 52 weeks in a year and if I lose one pound a week I will be so happy!!