P90X

Options
I was really impressed with june_warner's pictures after using P90X. Has anyone else used it? What equipment do I need for it? Is there a lot of jumping around? I live on the 5th floor and feel sorry for the person under me! Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have and it works! Best to use some hand weights and a pull up bar. Don't know if you can do pullups or not but there is a way to modify it using a chair. You can do all the moves in P90X, you just have to modify it until you can do it. And never give up. I have done one round of Power 90 and 2 rounds of P90X.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I attempted p90X, but after phase 1, motivation went down the drain. I start Jan 8th with a few ppl from this site. You should do it!!! The results are phenomenal.. Hec, just check out Roy's pics and see for yourself!!!!!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Seriously changed me last year; I did a full 2 rounds and lost 30 lbs and hubby dropped from 19% fat to 8% fat. I agree with Roy, hand weights are best and a pull up bar. We found that buying bands (from Target) lasted us about 6 weeks and then we had to buy weights. Buy the weights first and save some money. The only reason I used bands was to do a pull-up variation while hubby used the bar since we were always pressed for time in the morning. Enjoy yourself, make sure to sign up for a free teambeachbody account and download your P90X worksheets since Tony is always talking about filling them out in the DVDs. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

ETA - as far as jumping is concerned, there is some. Plyo is jump training but there are modifications shown by "Pam the Blam" for just stepping which still gets your HR up and won't piss off your neighbor under you. Cardio X has minimal jumping and Kenpo has some during the "breaks". He does do 30 seconds of jumping jacks and 30 seconds of run lunges after running in place in the beginning of all of the strength DVDs. :)
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    As a personal trainer I think that 90x is a quality product...the only problem is that most people are not willing to stick with it long enough for it to work....Just make sure that you are using proper form so that you do not put stress on your knees/back.
  • TheDragon1978
    Options
    I have started and stopped using it several times. I love it, but I always end up burning out/hurting myself on it, because frankly, I think I have to get in shape to be able to use these. They seem to be designed to take you from almost in shape, to being awesome. Not from fatty to hottie. Going to try not eating 3000 calories a day, get within 10-15 pounds of my goal weight, and then kick into P90X again and see if I can let it take me the rest of the way...