Best way to train for an 8K

corcoran6
corcoran6 Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am lookng for the best way to train for an 8K......I am not a runner but would like to take this challenge on.

Any good advise?

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    couch to 5k then bridge to 10k
  • Wow....I will probably collapse. Tryn to tell myself "you can do it"
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    I had never run before August, then started training for a half marathon (which I will be running in 2 weeks). 2 pieces of advice. Go to a real running store and get running shoes. They don't try to upsell you but will watch you run and find the shoes that fit your style of running best. The majority of my aches and pains from the lower back down went away after I did this. Second, make small and reasonable goals! I was following a training schedule that was a tad too much for me at first. So I cut it down to walking a mile for the first week, jogging a couple blocks during my walks, etc. I would push myself, but I always made my goals very reachable. Otherwise I just couldn't get myself out the door to do it! So for me the biggest part of my success was just making it so I got out the door 4 days a week. Make sure you give yourself a few days off each week to let your body recover before starting the next week and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.