Hello

Options
Hello to everyone.

My name is Darren and I have had weight issues since Being a child (Thanks to Bullying kids at highschool!! lol... My nickname was "Fat Daz"). I constantly worry about how I look and my weight, and feel guilt over eating, although this never stops me!

I wouldnt say that I am huge, but I am definately overweight, and have gradually been gaining the pounds.

My weight has fluctuated over the years, from overweight to underweight, all dependant on my personal circumstances. I have had a belimic g/f, a health concious g/f, spells of being single and being bothered about how I look, and a few years of high cocaine use.

Last year I decided to sort my life out at I am 30 this year (2011) and was still living my life as if I was 19.

I was a social smoker, and had a slight cocaine problem (I was on it 2-5 days a week, sometimes 7 days a week). This obviously meant that I was not eating as much, and my weight was steady, then I decided in the summer it had to stop.... and my appetite aggresively came back...

Then in Sept 2010 I moved in with my g/f and daughter (she had previously been living with her parents, and I had my own place), and I got into the habbit of having a few beers each night (How many calories per beer!!!???), and snacking on chocolate/goodies, as my g/f constantly has them in!!). Sadly, I have very little will power when it comes to food.

It came to the point where It has to stop! Id gone from a 32" waist to 36", and I am very concious of my figure.

After flicking through the health apps I came accross this one, and downloaded it that evening. I logged what id ate for that day and was quite shocked to discover id doubled my daily calorie intake, just by snacking!!! This certainly opened my eyes. Im 4 days into logging my foods now (This is my 4th day), and ive over ate each day, but it has slowly declined.

Im not silly and know it is a little harder this time of year, simply because Christmas seems geared around eating, if it is not chocolate, tins of sweets, cakes, its large roast dinners and takeaways!! I will be glad when this week ends and the so called festive period is over. When I am in work I can do really well, as my mind is occupied, but at home I become bored and snack.....

Thankfully my app is helping me log everything, and has opened my eyes to what I am consuming!!

Im looking forward to controlling my wieght this year, the first thing I am doing is stopping my alcohol intake during the week. For starters there's loads of calories in beer, and I have also noticed this is when I snack... so this could kill two birds with one stone....

Next I am going to pay far more attention to the calorie contents of foods, I used to do this years ago and was always slim, then got lazy and didnt bother...

Well, thats me, lol.... big introduction!!

If anyone would like to add me then Id love to have a friend or two for motivation.... We are going away for 4 days mid feb so I need to slim down for thast dreaded swimming pool!! I hate taking my top off, lol.

Thanks and Hi!

Darren

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hello Darren and welcome. That was a very informative and heartfelt introduction. Congratulations on tackling your problems and sorting out what you want to do for the future. Much success to all your efforts :)
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome Darren, If you want a support friend feel free to add me.