definition of skinny fat

Options
What is the definition of skinny fat?

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The only time I have heard that term used, is when someone who has lost a lot of weight and is seeking surgery to have the loose skin removed. The doctor pokes around the loose skin searching for "skinny fat" and then will make a determination if surgery is applicable. If it's too thick, no surgery.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat is a person that is visually thin but their body is actually mostly fat, with very little muscle. Skinny fat people also tend to be surprisingly weak (from the lack of muscle) and are pretty unfit/out of shape.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat is when someone looks bangin' with clothes on but is squishy and has 0 muscle tone to touch. This can include having very thin willowy limbs and a pot belly or just being slim and lacking any muscle tone. I think a defining factor is being thin but not (internally) physically fit at all.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    High body fat % but low body weight.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat is when someone looks bangin' with clothes on but is squishy and has 0 muscle tone to touch. This can include having very thin willowy limbs and a pot belly or just being slim and lacking any muscle tone. I think a defining factor is being thin but not (internally) physically fit at all.

Gotta disagree a little. I don't think skinny fat people look good. Some girls get those noodle looking arms and legs - no thanks! Guys that are too skinny (and end up lanky and unshapely) are just not pleasant to look at either.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    skinny fat is when you're thin or "normal" looking but actually you have a high body fat % ratio making you just as unhealthy as an obese person.

Although personally I'd rather be skinny fat than fat fat :laugh:
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    High body fat % but low body weight.
    another term is "Normal weight obesity"
  • megan_h26
    megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So what is the treatment for a skinny fat?
  • xtreme_
    Options
    lifting
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    8389ba87a8dae265eec494b0e49b5a845657.jpg

That's me BTW so I can post that :laugh:
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

+1 to lifting. Picking up heavy things and putting them back down. Like the barbell :)

Google Stronglifts 5x5
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Or ballet barre, Pilates, or yoga for lean muscle tone. I really, really love cardio kickboxing, it's like angry, practical jazzercise.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I really, really love cardio kickboxing.....
    I like the sound of that actually!

When i hear the term "Skinny Fat", i always think of Kate Moss.
  • Crystalianike22
    Options
    Agree!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Gotta disagree a little. I don't think skinny fat people look good. Some girls get those noodle looking arms and legs - no thanks! Guys that are too skinny (and end up lanky and unshapely) are just not pleasant to look at either.

agree, when they have skinny legs but what is there shakes with every movement!
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Nice body shaming you've got there.