Facebook/Twitter folks -- thinking about it

NYIceQueen
NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
So I'm thinking of joining the Dark Side and making a Facebook page/Twitter.

The big concern though is safety (of course). So for those of you there already, is there a way that a facebook page can only be viewed by invitation? This is mainly for me to put pics of the kids for our families/so that really good friends can see. I'd make Twitter more open since there's no pics involved.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• Yes. There are MANY privacy options in facebook.

I have my page only viewable by friends, of course others can invite me to be a friend, but I have to accept.

The other thing I have are LISTS on facebook. I have trusted and untrusted. So those I do not fully trust with photos of my kid and family I simply lump them in that list when I add them.

Twitter is not so private from what I know >< I have random people follow me. But I don't really go on there (maybe once every 2 months. haha)

But Facebook definitely has options so no one outside of your circle of friends can search you. Or so that you are the one who can request to be friends.

You just have to read through all the options and customise it for you. and what you want to share.
  • NYIceQueen
    So if you have your account set to "private" can you still "friend" sites like ESPN, etc, without them seeing your page, or is that only a public option? (you know, like when they have contests that if you "friend" a contest site you enter to win something)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Nothing on FB or on Twitter is private. If you know what youre doing you can see everything that's considered "private' online.
  • NYIceQueen
    Nothing on FB or on Twitter is private. If you know what youre doing you can see everything that's considered "private' online.

True....that's one of my worries with posting pics about the kids. Just did Twitter w/o using my name so I could follow ESPN, things like that. But the FB thing does worry me.
This discussion has been closed.