40 by 40!

Options
Hi Guys,
Well apologies for being late but I have just discovered 'myfitnesspal'!

I have always been a bigger girl and on the whole dont worry too much about my weight but like everyone else I get dishearted trying on clothes, trying to look good going out etc. I have had some success in previous years following low carb programmes etc and I know how good I feel when I am smaller. I don't want to be skinny, just a UK14 but at present I am a UK18. Recently due to the snow I have had to walk 3 miles to work and with this increase in exercise my weight has dropped by 9lbs since November. (And that includes a greedy christmas!)

Anyways, I will be celebrating my 40th birthday on 30th April and I would love to be a size 14 at my birthday party. I reckon that 40lbs will bring me down to 155 and I know that when I was this weight before I looked great! I am only 5'4 and currently my BMI is 33.5. By meeting my target of 155 then my BMI will be 26 which still is classed as overwight but I think its a good target to start with!

Anyone want to come along on the journey????

Replies

• Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • SouthernRae
    SouthernRae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiyas! I just found this site too! I was looking for something for my phone, and was impressed at the depth of the online site!
    I love your challenge...I'm 38 but would love to do it with you! Any and all motivation is welcome!:happy:
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Great motivation to be found here!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaye

I am from the uk too and just joined last week, this site is great!! Good luck with your journey. I don't have far to go but I am focusing on my fitness which is really bad!

Feel free to add me as friend.

Mandy xx
  • Kayedevlin
    Options
    Thank you everyone, am loving the site, so friendly and encouraging! Day 3 for me and so far its going good although have had to take into account some serious snacking as we are still on the holidays. Today will be hard, hubby has been sick for the last couple of days so we didnt get to do our special New Years Day dinner but it is tonight. I had hoped to start this after but this will be my first real challenge.
    Good luck guys!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    I am turning 40 this year too ( Sept) and I am also making it a goal to lose by 40. 40 by 40 would be a little too much for me but I defenitely want to lose 10-20 lbs . I have done it before on here and I love MFP. It truly works. Good Luck everyone! By the way, I am dreading turning 40 ughhhh LOL