Lunch box recipes?

Dormouse85
Dormouse85 Posts: 49
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi folks, I'm new here. I take sandwiches to work for my lunch, but find it difficult to think of interesting fillings or other lunches to take. There's no access to a microwave or anywhere to heat food up. I've ordered a wide-mouth thermos flask so i can take soups/stews but would appreciate some pointers from more seasoned slimmers than I.
Can anyone help?

Replies

• ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    bumping this for when I have more time to reply. Will send some ideas your way soon.... just need time to think of what I would take.
  • jim0822
    jim0822 Posts: 19
    A favorite of mine is: Arnold Sandwich Thins (I believe they go by different names in different parts of the country but each only has 100 calories), 3 oz deli turkey, Nance's Sharp and Creamy mustard, whatever kind of lettuce you like, 1 oz banana peppers, 1-2 oz roasted red peppers. I try every way I can think of to get more veggies into my meals. Yum! I usually bring an apple or some other fruit with this. Also, the Tabatchnick brand of soup (in the freezer section) is a healthy choice. I wish you much success!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    • FROZEN EDAMAME (WILL THAW BY LUNCH)
    • FRUIT SLICES
    • VEGGIE SLICES
    • TUNA WITH CRACKERS
    • CHICKEN SALAD
    • COLD PASTA
    • COLD CHICKEN AND A ROLL
    • YOGURT
    I would have a hot breakfast so that cold lunch didn't seem so limited... Or invest in one of those foil lined lunch boxes to keep everything hot. (I don't know how well they work) If I think of anything else, I will chime back in. Good luck in your search.
This discussion has been closed.