Shows to walk/ workout to?

Options
For Christmas my husband and I converted our guest room into a workout room for my son. However, we will all be using it. My husband bought me a tv for that room so that I can watch the Biggest Loser while I walk on the treadmill. Are there any other inspiring weight loss/exercise shows that you like to watch and work out to? Looking for suggestions....

Replies

• nubreeze33
    Options
    hmmmm great idea. I never even consider watching anything, I have my ipod blasting and in a zone, maybe i'll change it up from time to time. I have a treadmill in my living room.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't walk to exercise or fitness shows, but when I want to walk and watch TV I turn on Lifetime during the week and watch 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy while I walk. I know they are reruns,but I really enjoy them and they occupy me and I don't realize how much time has lapsed while I walk.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For me it is the music, I like to watch something (walls are boring) but nothing gets me in the running mood in like some good pop music.
    Black eyed peas, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, etc. Something with a fast dance beat that you like should do it.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched anything in the past - but I've fallen into such a slump.... I noticed that a lot of people watch Biggest Loser while they workout and thought... why not? It's got to make the time go faster. I won't always be able to get away with watching tv and working out - but for my fitness level right now... anything is better than nothing!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I am using my elliptical I watch Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State or Myth Busters (weird, I know - but it works for me). Yesterday I discovered Christina Aguilera in concert and I DVR'd it. The first song is "Ain't No Other Man" which is my favorite song to workout to. It really gets me started on a high note.

~S
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you want to invest in a DVD, Leslie Sansone has walking DVD's that are great! No treadmill required. :)
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I used to bike to myth busters and that weird show that shows you how to make things, from toothbrushes to motorcycle engines.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    I going to start walking to my favourite soap. I always make time for Coronation Street (I'm in the UK) so this means that I'll get 4 x 30 mins of extra light cardio in my week on top of my usual exercise dvds
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have had some of my best workouts on the treadmill while watching the Biggest Loser! When I see them working out so hard, I feel like I can't get off the treadmill and sit on the couch. So I keep going, for the whole 2 hours!

I just saw that there is a new show premiering on January 17th on the A & E channel called Heavy....it will be on at 10PM. In the ad it says it is a series about transformation and that losing is their only hope. I am planning on watching it.

Lately, I have found that I burn more calories on the treadmill if I walk to music rather than watch tv. If you listen to up beat, fast music, you walk/jog or run much faster...my favorite is Flo-rida's the Club Can't Handle Me....it is an awesome song for the treadmill...

Can't wait for the Biggest Loser to start up again...I will be on my treadmill watching!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i watch biggest loser on tuesday nights after i put the kids to bed...i do the treadmill and usually knock off between 4-6 miles depending on how much running i do......i also watch a netflix dvd on sundays some weeks so that it is not wasted sitting on top of the tv for too long - i usually get 6-8 miles done on those days....
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My faves while on the elliptical are man vs. food and america's next top model...kind of a weird combo :)
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    I always have some favorite music on my iPod going in my ears, then I have either HGTV on. Kind of weird, but I can watch it while its muted...On the other hand, when my husband is on the treadmill or bike, he is either watching football, which we have had no shortage of lately, or the other day he was watching 300. Yesterday it was Troy. The action-packed, adrenalin rushing shows seem to help him. I just want something other than the four boring walls!