Not so new....yet new to the forums

Options
Well, I joined MFP a little over a year ago. Back story-I am a 29 SAHM of 2. My daughter is 4 1/2 and my son is 14 months. I joined MFP not long after my boy was born. I started off really strong. I lost 10 lbs in about 4 months. I was feeling great!! Summer came and I stopped logging on MFP and stopped being accountable for what I was eating and how much I was exercising.

I ran my first 5k in FL on March 6. I ran my first half marathon in Chicago for the Rock n Roll half. I got full of myself and stopped logging in after the 5k. I've learned my lesson. I haven't been able to work out since Sept. I've gained 10 lbs. I am feeling terrible about myself. But I'm back on the wagon again!!!!!

I have another half marathon in FL again on Feb. 27th. I am so excited!! The other day my daughter wanted to run with me. I was a bit disappointed b/c I wanted to clock a long run. But I re-evaluated and realized I am instilling in my daughter, a life long journey with living healthy. So, we went for a run. It was a lot of fun actually and I can't wait for the next time she says "Mommy, can I run with you?". She finished before me so I did get to clock a longer run.

At first my goal was to finish, at least, a few seconds ahead of my previous time of 3:17. But having been out for so long I just want to have fun and finish.

So, here I am working out and trying to loose weight again. I need to stop being so hard on myself and I hope that by coming here, I can have fun too.

Replies

• sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just recently started posting on the forums too. Are you doing the Disney half marathon? I was looking into that, not that I'm ready to run a half marathon, but I'm hoping to do a Disney race within the year. Even if it's just a 5K.
  • saxymarine00
    saxymarine00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing the Disney Princess Half. They have a 5K too. That's what I did last year. They even have kids races too!! I signed Cadence up last year but she got sick and couldn't do it. So, she's signed up again this year and she is looking forward to it!!
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I actually looked into this race not too long a go. (the 5k, not the half) February 27th is right at the end of my kids February vacation,so I was seriously gonna do it. The only problem is the airfare was too much for me right now. There is another one in March. The ESPN race or something like that. It's at Hollywood Studios. I WILL be doing a race in Disney at some point next year! That is my goal.
  • saxymarine00
    saxymarine00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! The 5K runs through Epcot. They had characters all along the course. It was so much fun! Make sure your bring your camera!

The Princess half is through Disney! I'm so excited to run through Disney! I'm sure I'll see parts I haven't ever seen before. I can't wait!