How long it takes to enter STARVATION MODE?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    "Starvation mode" is a myth. The body is designed to burn fat in the event there is not enough to eat, not the muscle. It isn't going to kill itself by destroying the heart muscle (and all the rest of the muscles) to hold on to fat. The body will do what it needs to do to PRESERVE the heart muscle in order to survive. Once all the fat is gone, the body will burn the muscle, but it's a last resort, and in our society nearly impossible to get to that point. Look at the people in Africa, or the Holocaust victims. Do they look FAT to you? Did it look like they burned all their muscle away and were nothing but quivering fat piles under the skin? No. Starvation is real. Starvation mode is not. Asking about that on here will get you all sorts of new hole ripping by people that haven't got a clue, and believe the old myth that was disproved over 60 years ago.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Do you start all your threads LIKE THIS? It's as if you have TOURETTE'S OR SOMETHING. Amiright?

Thank god I wasn't drinking coffee at this moment or it would be all over my keyboard. BTW, Zelda rules!!!!
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think?
    This is not trolling, I just want to find something that works for me because a daily deficit puts me off a little. I want to be able to indulge sometimes.
    Fasting is said to have some benefits. I do slightly modified 20/4 fasting myself. If it works for you, allows you to get that overall calorie deficit, and doesn't make you lethargic, go for it.

But don't forget some exercise.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think?
    This is not trolling, I just want to find something that works for me because a daily deficit puts me off a little. I want to be able to indulge sometimes.
    Fasting is said to have some benefits. I do slightly modified 20/4 fasting myself. If it works for you, allows you to get that overall calorie deficit, and doesn't make you lethargic, go for it.

But don't forget some exercise.

So you have a 20 hour window to eat and 4 hours of sleep? Or is it the other way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You posted something very similar a couple of days ago and pretty much EVERYONE told you it was a bad idea, why do you think the replies would be any different today??

cos its wednesday.... the unicorns come out on wednesday...
    ebced0fc1_zps005d2209.jpg