Road Trip: Danger Will Robinson!

Options
I'm about to hit the road for a 8 hour trip. I've packed some water and some healthy snacks and lectured myself very sternly about not buying candy bars when I stop for gas and avoiding seriel killers disguised as fast food restaurants. This will be a true test of will power.

And, my sister has already informed me that they're making manicotti for dinner.......aaarg!

Love to visit the family but I have a feeling that eating right and getting in some exercise is going to be somewhat challenging.....

Wish me luck and and I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm about to hit the road for a 8 hour trip. I've packed some water and some healthy snacks and lectured myself very sternly about not buying candy bars when I stop for gas and avoiding seriel killers disguised as fast food restaurants. This will be a true test of will power.

And, my sister has already informed me that they're making manicotti for dinner.......aaarg!

Love to visit the family but I have a feeling that eating right and getting in some exercise is going to be somewhat challenging.....

Wish me luck and and I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Pack a cooler with picky foods, like blueberries, carrots, things your hand can just grab while driving. Drink lots of water, and when you have to stop, don't go in the gas station store! Pack a sandwich.
    Ask your sister to make a salad to go with the manicotti. Have the salad as the main dish and have a 1/2 a manicotti as your side dish!
    You'll do great!
    Have a fabulous holiday weekend!!!