Recipe suggestions please

Options
'Ello,

I need some inspiration for lunches and snacks, especially post-workout meals. I am allergic to nuts and apples but otherwise pretty unfussy. What healthy, satisfying foods do you guys eat?

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hi, take a look at the recipe section here. There are tons of ideas there. Good luck
  • Hi hun,

Feel free to check my diary, I think because I try to eat little and often that most of my things are 'snacks' I love NAKD bars as you will see lol... Probably not the best inspiration though as depending on anxiety level my calorie intake fluctuates. I also used to do the lunch box diet which involved a kind of grazing throughout the day, i would use nuts (which obv you cant) and 5 different fruits or salad vegetables into one tub in the morning and eat from it throughout the day. You can keep a track on what you are snacking on then as it will have been prepared before hand. ( I had to get over my fear of different foods touching each other, which was a hurdle in itself) lol
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually a ham sandwich and a banana. And coffee. After my workouts I love smoothies or protein shakes. I rarely do 'recipes' until dinnertime. However, my favourite smoothie:

1 cup milk
    1 banana
    1 handful spinach
    1 drop peppermint extract
    your favourite sweetener to taste (honey, stevia, agave, equal, etc)

Blend the heck out of them :) the spinach makes it green, and you don't taste it at all. Kinda tastes like shamrock shake to me!