It's that time again!

Options
Hi! I'm new to MFP as of today and trying to lose about 50 lbs. I knew weight loss would be my resolution this year, as it is almost every year, so I got a head start last week (but was still able to cheat a bit on NYE since it wasn't officially the New Year). About 6 years ago, I took this same journey with Weight Watchers and lost 50 lbs. I thought about joining again, but my budget is super tight and I find it absurd that I would pour so much money into losing weight. Surely I can do this without having to spend money! I did, however, pull out my old WW folder and trying to follow the core plan. It's going well, but I joined MFP so that I can track calories eaten / burned, just to know the facts.

I'm looking forward to doing this and sticking with it. A support system would definitely help, so I'm looking for MFP friends.

Cheers!
Jen
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • VandyRoth
    VandyRoth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen, The same for me with the WW about 5 years ago I lost 50 pounds. I can remember siting in those meetings thinking I will never gain this weight back. But I did and now I am determined to loose 2 pounds a week. I got a head start last week too by going to the gymn and just doing 45 mins of cardio. I am hoping that will kick in my metabolism! Being over 50 makes it hard to loose weight. Good Luck!
  • mezmez73
    Options
    jen....we are gonna do it!!! we are gonna lose the weight and like doing it!!!
    good luck and contact me anytime for support!!!
    i am sure u will hear from me alot! LOL
    talk to ya soon! Jen