Anybody else notice....

Options
2»

Replies

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    it usually has nothing to do with the "crap" food that you are eating.

It has more to do with the fact you have changed your GI track and then introduce a food that is higher in fats and carbs typically and it upsets the system you have created.

This is a common problem people have- they eat "clean" then they go have a "cheat" meal and feel bad then say - that food is JUNK FOOD it made me feel bad. Which is ascribing blame to the wrong party. Sure it made you feel bad- but not because it's inherently bad- it's because you just got used to not eating it.

I eat mostly "clean"- but I make it a point to have pizza once a week- or every other week or so- that way I can enjoy it and still make sure my system isn't getting fubared up when I want to eat something a little different.

I do agree that suddenly eating foods super high in fats and carbs (and I'll add to that, sodium) can upset the system, can make a person feel awful and like what they ate was bad because their body feels bad after eating it.

But what I'll toss in here that when I change in the opposite direction, make food choices my body isn't used to and cut out processed, high fat, sugar and sodium foods, I don't get the same bad reaction. It doesn't upset my body at all, it makes me feel better.

Now, my brain on the other hand feels awful lol You have no idea how badly I want a Boston Creme donut. I used to eat one every single day. I havnt had one in almost a year now only cause brain says "gimme" and my tum is like, oh god no, don't even. I don't even eat *that* healthy. Just that in battle, my body wins the war against my psychological craving. Cause I know there's *nothing* in that donut my body needs. I just want it! Lol
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I do agree that suddenly eating foods super high in fats and carbs (and I'll add to that, sodium) can upset the system, can make a person feel awful and like what they ate was bad because their body feels bad after eating it.

But what I'll toss in here that when I change in the opposite direction, make food choices my body isn't used to and cut out processed, high fat, sugar and sodium foods, I don't get the same bad reaction. It doesn't upset my body at all, it makes me feel better.

^^^ This is me 100%