Newbie hello

starasoff
starasoff Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, it will be nice to meet everyone as I move through my return to fitness, with the help of a this app. I need serious weight loss and I would love to return to running, which I have not done in about 8 yrs. I am a grandma of 5, and want to gracefully slide into my 60th birthday this July, with a BMI in the healthy range, and much more physically fit.

Replies

• Welcome! I am into my second week.

3298832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    I am trying to gracefully slide into 40. Welcome to the site. I think you will really like the resouces and community associated with this site. I have found them very helpful in my goals.

--Carter
  • Hi, I am 70 years old, Grandmother of 10 and Great-Grandmother of 2 little girls and getting another girl in June. I never worried about my weight until now. I am 4'11" tall and have always been thin. I have put on weight and don't have much energy anymore. I would like to get down to 110. I weigh 126 now. I'm not a happy camper right now. I am too short to weigh this much I think. Loosing weight is really hard for me. Since I have entered into my "Golden Years" I have developed a terrible sweet tooth. My family keeps telling me I look fine but I don't to me and that is what counts I think. It is also hard for me to go walking. I have a neighbor who is a few years younger than me and we walk (whenever we feel like it) . I think it is great that you are a runner. You are much younger than me so I think you will reach your goal of getting back into running. If I tried to run I'd fall on my face. Hopefully will talk to you again.
This discussion has been closed.