HELP....

Options
Okay!

So Hey, I'm a 23 year old Canadian Girl.. I'm so mad at myself. I can't believe I've been "not giving a *kitten* about eating"... When I started here I was 291 pounds, now I'm currently at 257. I was doing so good for Three months... Finally on track and then my fiancés birthday rolled around... He wanted a fondant cake.. I said I'd treat myself. Ever since then I've just slacked off everything.. YET I haven't gained or lost since JUNE 18TH, 2014! What makes me mad, is that I gave up eating healthy, but if I would have kept going I'd be like 220's now. Anyways.. I go to the gym every night (except Fridays) But I'm still eating CRAP! So clearly going to the gym has NO benefit.. Anyways. I totally need motivation right now! I'm 23 Weighing close to 300 pounds? Yes I'm portioned out really well.. Thick thighs, Big hips, tiny waist.... But I wanna lose I want to lose 120 more pounds,, and even if that is TOO MUCH, I still want to look good.

I have a tattoo in December and I really wanted my legs nice and TONE, can someone MOTIVATE me and help me get killer legs! .....

sincerely, the frustrated Canadian :(

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    But I'm still eating CRAP! So clearly going to the gym has NO benefit..

You can't make that conclusion based on your information. You could have gained several pounds were you NOT going to the gym, and there are additional benefits to exercise outside of calorie expenditure.

EDIT: Unless you're being sarcastic due to the rather ridiculous post about exercise being useless the other day....
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    @SideSteel. On Fridays, I usually just chill out and don't go to the gym, I don't sit down and eat junk and stuff I just go to work come home and relax..
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @SideSteel. On Fridays, I usually just chill out and don't go to the gym, I don't sit down and eat junk and stuff I just go to work come home and relax..

And that's fine.

All I was getting at is that your conclusion about exercise being useless is incorrect. There are many benefits to exercise and you don't know what your current situation would be like if you were to have also quit exercising.

My point is that rather than maintaining your weight like you have been, you could have gained weight were to have quit the gym.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    Options
    @SideSteel, I know ... I just want to lose now, I'm getting upset. I just want to make it even one pound closer to my goal.. I need the motivation to eat better rather then eat crap!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    find a motivator. like...

no tattoo if not eating well and sticking to it.

beating yourself up isn't going to do any good, and neither is the junk you're eating.

when i get to my goal weight, that's when i'm going to finish my back piece. that's my motivator.

You don't have to be great to start; you have to START to be great :)
  • kgizzo
    Options
    Oh honey, i wish i could help but its all up to you. You need to commit again! and it takes a lot, you gotta be ready! the only advice i can give you is that this time around don't treat yourself to anything like cake. Its like ripple affect one follows another. It happens to me to, so i cant have cheat days :(. Stick to your diet and exercise. Your results are going to be your best motivation!
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    Options
    Any Advice helps, honestly weather I hate it or not keep it coming!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Sharing your diary is a good step. May help you reduce eating too much crap. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't your motivation be the fact that when you were eating better you lost weight? And now that you are eating poorly, you aren't losing weight.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There has been some great advice offered to you already. Getting a healthy looking body requires time and dedication, setting goals, executing those goals, and surrounding yourself with positive and motivating people. It is a balance of good food, lots of work, and sticking to it.

SideSteel posted 2x to you. He is in my opinion by far, the most knowledgeable person on these boards and his point was that exercise does matter... He took the time. Others are taking the time. You need to make the time.