dieting and being sick

amycrims
amycrims Posts: 94
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
i hurt my back the first week of december and was in pretty bad shape for a couple of weeks. obviously i could not go to the gym- well i did 1x just to walk and then hurt it again. i was advised to not go to the gym for a week after it was feeling better to be sure. now i'm sick and barely breathe. i actually think i got sick the 3rd time i went to the gym this month during a very crowded sweaty spin class. its been a month and i have been to the gym 3 times!! trying so hard to be good and stay motivated but sitting around the house like a sloth is NOT helping : (

just needed to vent. blah.

Replies

• pwrchrd
    pwrchrd Posts: 25 Member
    I have noticed that when you first get back into working out, within a month you will usually get sick. I suspect it is all the toxins trapped in our bodies being flushed out. Drink water and work through the sickness at a diminished pace and on the other side of your first illness will be a prolonged period of wellness. Rock on!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    sorry to hear you have had such a rough month. Just do what you can. Maybe you can do some walking or find some chair exercises online. any form of movement is better then nothing. Just take it slow and eventually you will be able to get back to the gym. Be sure to watch your food intake you can still lose without exercise, maybe just not as fast. Hang in there
This discussion has been closed.