---- Frusterated Canadian----

Options
Okay!

So Hey, I'm a 23 year old Canadian Girl.. I'm so mad at myself. I can't believe I've been "not giving a *kitten* about eating"... When I started here I was 291 pounds, now I'm currently at 257. I was doing so good for Three months... Finally on track and then my fiancés birthday rolled around... He wanted a fondant cake.. I said I'd treat myself. Ever since then I've just slacked off everything.. YET I haven't gained or lost since JUNE 18TH, 2014! What makes me mad, is that I gave up eating healthy, but if I would have kept going I'd be like 220's now. Anyways.. I go to the gym every night (except Fridays) But I'm still eating CRAP! So clearly going to the gym has NO benefit.. Anyways. I totally need motivation right now! I'm 23 Weighing close to 300 pounds? Yes I'm portioned out really well.. Thick thighs, Big hips, tiny waist.... But I wanna lose I want to lose 120 more pounds,, and even if that is TOO MUCH, I still want to look good.

I have a tattoo in December and I really wanted my legs nice and TONE, can someone MOTIVATE me and help me get killer legs! .....

sincerely, the frustrated Canadian :(

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    But I'm still eating CRAP! So clearly going to the gym has NO benefit..

You can't make that conclusion based on your information. You could have gained several pounds were you NOT going to the gym, and there are additional benefits to exercise outside of calorie expenditure.

EDIT: Unless you're being sarcastic due to the rather ridiculous post about exercise being useless the other day....
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eating right is the most important part of losing weight. Why waste your time at the gym and then ruin it with a poor diet?

Also, the only person who can motivate you is yourself!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What month is this end of August. All your status claim different Friend. You could have said something. Oh well now weight training does have benefits but you cannot out exercise a poor diet as you see now. Stall for all summer.

I do not know you well enough to know what was motivating you before and what can be done to get it back?
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo in December and I really wanted my legs nice and TONE, can someone MOTIVATE me and help me get killer legs! .....

sincerely, the frustrated Canadian :(

This may seem mean but...the only person that can motivate you...is you. If having "killer legs" for your tattoo in December isn't motivating you, then YOU need to figure out what will. Motivation doesn't come from others, it comes from within. People can be supportive to help KEEP you motivated, but initially, it's all on you.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    You can do it. For some reason I always find it easier to lose weight in the winter. Not sure what part of Canada you are from but the part I'm from there's always lots of show to shovel in the winter and I like skating so once the outdoor rinks open I try to go out to one at least a couple times a week. Get out and enjoy the fall weather too.

You'll get there, I was a frustrated Canadian a couple of weeks ago then I smartened up. :)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Canadians are supposed to be happy. You sure you're not French?
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym IS helping. If you eat junk/too much and don't work it off you will gain. Given that you have not gained, you seem to have found a balance that maintains your current weight. Keep the gym habit and start working on eating healthier. Cut out one junk item during the day and maintain the rest. One item isn't too hard right? :D

4dac1f998f257af46e15c15bc3cea0d4.jpg
  • machinistgoalie
    Options
    Canadians are supposed to be happy. You sure you're not French?

This. For the win.

I lolz'd.