Workouts to do with your Preschooler?

angeladawn88
angeladawn88 Posts: 30
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
hey everyone. i'm trying to find some dvds that i can do with my 3 year old to keep her busy and active too. she gets bored very fast and says she's always hungry, but i know thats just because she's bored. i want something that we can do together. to make our bond stronger and have fun togehter.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    I have taught prek for the past 3 years, and I used Alphabet Exercise with them when the weather is bad out, etc.... they love it! It also reviews the alphabet, so it's good for their brain and body too! :) I got it at walmart-- they're also at target! I know some Wii games are interactive and fun for the whole family too! I don't have a wii, so I'm not much help w/ that!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    My daughter in law got a Wii for Christmas and we were all doing golf, tennis, and bowling around the holidays. My 3 years old grandson got very interested and started to play with us. It was fun.

Just make sure, if you do have a wii, that the remote is attached very tight to your daugher's wrist or it may fly away and damage the screen or something/somebody else, in the room.
  • I have taught prek for the past 3 years, and I used Alphabet Exercise with them when the weather is bad out, etc.... they love it! It also reviews the alphabet, so it's good for their brain and body too! :) I got it at walmart-- they're also at target! I know some Wii games are interactive and fun for the whole family too! I don't have a wii, so I'm not much help w/ that!

is the alphabet workout something that will benifit me also?
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    I have the Wii family trainer that is a big roll out mat that they jump on - looks a bit like a dance mat.

my girls (3+5) love it, it has running, jumping, rafting to do, it helps them improve co-ordination too and it has single player or head to head challenges.

They go it for 30 mins or so everyday especially if we've not been to the park.

Hope you find something that entertains your little un.
  • My favorite thing to do with my 4 year old is to turn on the radio & dance around with her :) we also hula hoop, jump on the trampoline, zumba DVDs (she loves zumba lol) & she has her own mat to do pilates with me lol

Her new thing is playing on the kinect!
  • cbbecky
    cbbecky Posts: 17
    It is so hard trying to work exercise around the kids! My older kids (7 and 5) will do any exercise DVD with me, they think it's fun...and if they're not interested, they are good at keeping themselves busy. But my 15 month old is the challenge! He is going through a clingy phase so he's either trying to climb on me, or if I put him in the pack n play he is fussing until the DVD is over. I have just started running this week which has been easy because my husband is on vacation. But he goes back to work tomorrow so I am trying to figure out what to do. I am not a morning person and I don't think I'll get up at the crack of dawn in the long run. I'm thinking about picking up a used jogging stroller somewhere and doing it with my toddler. I could also go at night after the kids are in bed but it is dark out by then this time of year.

I'll have to check out that Alphabet Exercise DVD, that sounds great! Oh, and we have Happy Healthy Monsters (Sesame Street), it's not so much an exercise DVD although there are times for the kids to jump around a bit. But it's a great DVD for teaching kids about healthy eating, exercise, and all that, plus it's entertaining.
This discussion has been closed.