Sweet potato pudding

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
canola spray
2 lbs. sweet potatoes (4 medium, baked until soft, and peeled
3 eggs (I used 2 and 1 egg white) slightly beaten
1/2 cup light brown sugar (I used the splenda brown sugar equiv. I think it was 2 tbs.)
1/2 cup 1% milk
1 tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Heat oven to 350
1. spray the inside of eight 1/2 cup ramekins with canola
2. in large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend with electric mixer until smooth
3. divide the mixture evenly into ramekins.
Place on baking tray in middle rack until set in the middle (about 20-25 min.) the tops should be starting to brown and pudding pulling away from sides.
Serve warm

168 calories (less I guess with my changes)
4g protein
33g carb
2g fat (1 sat.)
3g fiber
70mg cholesterol
47mg calcium
1mg iron
41mg sodium

made it for a side with dinner last night, and my son usually doesn't eat yams, but he had 2 servings of it last night!

Also if any of you have a Costco around you, I bought the breaded Tilapia from there, don't know the nutrition facts (can't be that bad) but they were really good! I got about 7 good sizes for about $10 bucks!

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    canola spray
    2 lbs. sweet potatoes (4 medium, baked until soft, and peeled
    3 eggs (I used 2 and 1 egg white) slightly beaten
    1/2 cup light brown sugar (I used the splenda brown sugar equiv. I think it was 2 tbs.)
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    1 tbs. flour
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    Heat oven to 350
    1. spray the inside of eight 1/2 cup ramekins with canola
    2. in large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend with electric mixer until smooth
    3. divide the mixture evenly into ramekins.
    Place on baking tray in middle rack until set in the middle (about 20-25 min.) the tops should be starting to brown and pudding pulling away from sides.
    Serve warm

168 calories (less I guess with my changes)
    4g protein
    33g carb
    2g fat (1 sat.)
    3g fiber
    70mg cholesterol
    47mg calcium
    1mg iron
    41mg sodium

made it for a side with dinner last night, and my son usually doesn't eat yams, but he had 2 servings of it last night!

Also if any of you have a Costco around you, I bought the breaded Tilapia from there, don't know the nutrition facts (can't be that bad) but they were really good! I got about 7 good sizes for about $10 bucks!