I have never really liked fast food, am I the only one?

Options
Hi

So as the title says I haven't ever liked fast food, I mean any of the places McDonald's, cheeseburgers, fish and chips, chicken chips although I do like Nandos but not fried chicken.

I prefer always have to cook meals myself, I eat out on occasions and think I could cook this much nicer myself and then I go and do it. I tell you it is t easy being like this because I do struggle to find somewhere nice to eat !

It would be nice to know there are others like this? Or I am going to feel alien forever!

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Not me. I love a Big Mac and fries every now and then.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wish :-( I really did enjoy eating it, would look forward to it...plan for it. Avoid it now because it just isn't good for me. Kinda like the way I feel about my ex- boyfriends.. gosh, they were lots of fun and I enjoyed it in the moment, but not for the long haul. LOL
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I wish :-( I really did enjoy eating it, would look forward to it...plan for it. Avoid it now because it just isn't good for me. Kinda like the way I feel about my ex- boyfriends.. gosh, they were lots of fun and I enjoyed it in the moment, but not for the long haul. LOL

4foKHjg.gif
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's not good for me. I didn't say it wasn't good for YOU. My ex-boyfriends weren't bad guys, just not good for me. You may quite like them, who knows ;)
  • zombie130
    Options
    i used to but didnt eat it that often anyway. this actually happened with pizza last weekend. i didnt have the stuff for 5 months and it sounded so good, so a friend and i went to the best place in town and my taste buds loved it but my belly did not. just kinda sat there like a rock haha
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a small town and then moved to an even smaller town and have never had fast food places nearby so never ate at them.

Always ate at either the local greasy spoon diner or a mom and pop restaurant.

Now after traveling the world I really go out of my way to find cool and unique eateries.

I don't like how fast food joints are homogenized the world. As for the food. Meh , not a fan.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Don't know, when I was at a fast food place last. It's been years and even then it was maybe once a year.

I enjoy cooking myself or once in a while going to a nice restaurant. Fast food joints don't make money off of me.

So no, you're not alone.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Do I like the taste of fast food? Not really...Kinda... and let me explain.

If given a choice between a real Italian pizza from Italy and a Pizza Hut pizza. - Duh the real Italian is sooo much better.
    If given a choice between a gourmet burger made by one of my favorite chefs and McDonalds - the "real" burger is much better.

If given a choice between almost any fast food place and making a real meal at home though...I'd pick fast food.
    I think I enjoy the convenience more than the taste. I hate cooking at home and the mess it makes, I don't like experimenting or trying new recipes and I get mad when I waste money/time on food that tastes bad...Fast food is a convenience and the low price makes it tempting.

So even though I don't like the taste of fast food... I still like it better than my own cooking. ROFL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Probably not alone, but I'm guessing most people in your situation only had 20 pounds to lose like you, and not 80 like me :laugh: :laugh: