Lebron and Ketosis

Options
http://www.si.com/edge/2014/08/11/inside-lebron-james-weight-loss-and-low-carb-diet

The research doesn't lie, my friends. You get out what you put in.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Meh, I think he got off the gear and started eating at a deficit and Voila..he's leaner.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I'll hold my judgement until I see how he performs late in the season...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I'll hold my judgement until I see how he performs late in the season...
    My guess is he'll bulk back up (some) for the season. There have been all kinds of "theories" thrown around as to why he decided to do this, but it could just be an off-season jump-start type of thing and he'll increase carbs once the season gets under way. We'll see.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ETA: personally, I find the energy boost during keto is huge. I really like that. However, given his position he needs strength, too. Not saying you can't have it being so lean, but he needs a bit of bulk to throw around on the court.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    well, based on how he played last season, he might be looking for a new strategy to gameplay.

His 4th quarters were abysmal by his standards late last season, and it may be due to his crash off of sugars (carbs). I wonder if he is looking to stick with it through the season, so that he can improve his 4th quarter performance. It would inspire a ton of people and put ketosis on the front-page.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So he eats less calories and loses weight. Not exactly a surprise or shock news. How those calories are made up is inconsequential to his weightloss
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a byproduct. He is doing it for the health benefits and the energy.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    He is doing it for the health benefits and the energy.

We'll see...