What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Thought of the day....30 years ago in Japan, breakfast was salmon, rice, miso soup and green tea. Today it's white toast and coffee
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Weekdays: 2/3 cup of granola cereal w/ fruit & 1/2 cup of 2% milk
    Weekends: 2 extra large eggs (scrambled), 3 slices lower sodium bacon, and 2/3 cup of diced hash brown potatoes
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have been making my own instant oatmeal packets....1/3 cup instant oats, 1 tbs flax seed, 1 tbs chopped walnuts, 1 tbs pb2 and a packet of stevia.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Usually the typical stuff like eggs (with lots of hot sauce), oatmeal, and cereal. Though sometimes I'll eat take some banana and peanut butter and smoosh it between an english muffin. Delicious. Not really out of the box or anything, but delicious and super filling.

To jazz up my eggs, I'll make differentt types of scrambles with acombination of different veggies--spinach, mushrooms, peppers, tomatos, zuchs, squash, etc. This is especially good at the end of the week to use up all the misc. veggies you've got lying aroung before they go bad. Or I'll add a little bit cheese like smoked gouda or habanero. Sometimes even some slight tinkering can be enough to make it feel completely different.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts vary depending on the day:

Egg beaters and whole wheat toast

Steel Cut oats and fruit

Low fat cottage cheese and fruit

Natures Path Heritage Flakes (packed with lots of whole grains)

All with a cup of skim milk.

My go-to, in a hurry breakfast is a smoothie made with non-fat plain greek yogurt, skim milk, fruit and a drizzle of fresh local honey.

22975671.png
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    My breakfast it coffee.

There is nothing wrong with eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast, if that is what you like.

Sometimes when I am in the breakfast mood it is an egg, cheese and bacon or sausage sandwich. You can make them ahead of time and freeze them. Just take one down in the morning and nuke it.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a couple of poached eggs and some grits (no butter, but 2 tbsps of grated parmesan); other times, a piece of whole wheat pita with either 4 tbsps of hummus, or 2 tbsps of peanut butter. These are all in the 250-300 calorie range, and (with coffee + 2% milk) keep me plenty full until lunch.
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are essentially the same most mornings.
    I boil a bunch of water, to make the Quaker Protein oatmeals, I rotate between the Cranberry Almond and the Banana Nut each day. I then make myself a tea, and with the rest of the hot water I pour over two hard boiled eggs to warm them up again, as I boil them in advance to save time.
  • NYfirefighter
    Options
    Normal day: cookies, whole grain biscuits to be precise
    'Short' distance (15-20 miles) walking day: pb sandwich
    Long distance (20+) walking day: chocolate bar (gives me the calories, carbs and protein foundation for when I get to the point where my body doesn't really accept solid food much more)
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, yogurt (usually lite and fit or Chobani simply 100) and a piece of fruit.

Sometimes I'll have a Protein shake and an omelette bite from the hubby's side of the fridge lol!!

O, and coffee!! Always have coffee (sometimes black, sometimes with milk, sometimes flavored... depends on my mood)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This week?
    1/4 cup baked beans
    2 sausage links
    2 "eggs in a basket"
    and 1 cup of green beans

ETA: that got me through my 5 hour work shift with absolutely no hunger. it was great!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm doing carb cycling at the moment so on low carb days I have something like scrambled egg and bacon, or tinned tomatoes, or mushrooms, or a ham omelette. On high carb days I have porridge with fruit, or poached eggs on toast, or I make a smoothie with oats, banana, blueberry and mango.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning I eat this:
    2 eggs fried over easy on top of,
    1 slice of Dave's Killer Bread, nutty thin 70 with
    1/2 and avocado mushed on top of the toast (eggs on top of all)
    along with either 3 slices of turkey bacon or 3 brown and serve turkey sausages.
    Keeps me satisfied and so YUM!
    Once in a while I will do a frittata with egg beaters, sausage, mushrooms and a carefully weighed portion of cheddar cheese. Also a total yum
    Always coffee from my French press, with heavy cream, of course.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I generally have one ounce of hummus, one ounce of feta, 100g of cucumber, around 86 grams of tomato, and 50g of avocado on a low calorie wrap. Delicious and filling!

Sometimes I make a peanut butter, honey, banana "sandwich" with two kashi waffles instead of bread
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal.

or

Eggs and bacon on toast

or

All bran and flavoured milk

or

Cottage cheese with honey and muesli mixed in
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I usually go for the same thing for breakfast as I'm not a morning person and I'm usually rushing out the door to work, so usually I have either some toast or cereal. But today is my day off so I'm going to have some mushrooms, an egg and half a tin of baked beans on toast!! Will fill me up for a while ???? and it's yummy!
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do, usually it's either ramen(block or instant cup), a telly supper(which is rare, but sometimes that's all that I have in the house that's worth eating in the mornings), or sometimes cackleberries with a few slices of cheese in them-so good! Saturdays are the only exception of a good meal. I go out with my dad on Saturday mornings for breakfast, so eating good is always there. Sometimes we don't go out and he comes over my house and cooks, or sometimes he doesn't pick me up at all because he has to work. It all depends on his schedule. This weekend, we will not only be going to breakfast, but also going to the phone store to harass the people up there who work there about my phone upgrade, so that is a bonus.
  • Mscainthe3rd
    Options
    -2 eggs over easy, I/2 GF English Muffin, 1/2 grapefruit
    -Stonyfield Vanilla Greek Yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup Muesli
    -Instant GF Apple Cinnamin w/flax oatmeal made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and
    mixed with 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love my morning Porridge ... it's different every day, but always has the basic ingredients in it. Oatmeal and an egg. I usually aim to get about 1/3rd of my calories from breakfast so that I'm held over nicely until my 1PM lunch.

Today, it was 407 calories and was made using 3 Tablespoons of Old Fashion Oats and 1 large egg stirred up in 1 cup of 2% fat milk and I added a small (under 6") banana to it.
    I microwave the porridge, and then add the fruit. The microwaving is done in 2 minute bursts with a good stir in between. During the time it's cooking I do exercises in front of my stove for the 4 or 5 minutes ... each routine lasting 1 minute. If you skip the banana on this one, it comes in at 356 calores. Sometimes I use a half cup of blueberries or raspberries, or a 4-ounce apple cut up with cinnamon added.

Another version came in at 421 calories and was made using 1/2 cup of oats to 2 cups of water, 2 whole eggs, and Nutiva Hemp Protein powder (2 tablespoons) and it was microwaved for a total of 5 minutes. This is one I sometimes use for a supper. Sometimes I use chia seed, sometimes peanut butter ...

.... they all taste great to me and have a loose consistency that I like much better than thick, gummy oatmeal.

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Edmgirl07 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some new healthy and easy to make breakfast ideas/recipes. I'm getting tired of the same things over and over, so I'm just wondering what everyone else has for breakfast, or wondering if anyone has some recommendations. Maybe this will give others ideas as well.

I typically go between eggs, oatmeal and cereal. (Cereal probably is not the best choice, I know)

What do you usually have for breakfast?

Comment away!

81MDgd1tj4L._SX522_.jpg