Exercise on a poor diet

Options
As anyone ever done this, and did you still see good results? My diet isn't the best in the world, but I'm still exercising and eating at a calorie deficit.

Some say that what i'm doing now is fine and I'll still see good results, but then others are telling me that i need to eat a healthier diet to see good results.

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Oh everyone has their own opinions about weight loss, eating "clean" and how it should be done. Eating in a caloric deficit = weight loss. No matter what you eat as long as you are eating in a deficit you will lose weight.

Eating more whole foods will help you to reach your macros and micro goals.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You'll get weight loss results if you're eating at a deficit, but you'll get more health benefits with a more wholesome diet. I guess it depends on your overall goals. For me, I like to be full and so I eat a lot of foods that are not so calorie dense to get that feeling.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Will you still see results? yes. but just cleaning it up a little is never a bad thing
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between being thin and being healthy. You will lose weight any time you have a calorie deficit but that doesnt mean you will be healthy when you get there. Are you exercising regularly? A good exercise routine will help improve your strength and cardio system at least
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Depends how far you are trying to take your physique. Shredded look? Clean the diet up. Just drop belly fat? Keep doing what you are doing. It all depends where you see yourself in 5, 10 years from now. The older we get the slower our metabolisms slow down Keep that in mind. Good luck with your journey!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Most people do that.

You can lose weight eating total crap and nothing but total crap. You'll look thin and fit.

If health is your goal, then obviously you'll want to eat a different, more healthy diet.

Do what you want. You aren't a child who needs anyone's permission. Whatever is okay with you is okay for you.

Just do what you want.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    As anyone ever done this, and did you still see good results? My diet isn't the best in the world, but I'm still exercising and eating at a calorie deficit.

Some say that what i'm doing now is fine and I'll still see good results, but then others are telling me that i need to eat a healthier diet to see good results.

lose the weight as priority.
    healthier eating will naturally follow.
    thats whats happening for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating in a calorie deficit it doesn't matter. You don't even need exercise to lose weight.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yes, and the results will suck if you are not a genetically gifted person. Unless poor diet means eating less than you use but it's just pizza. Then you will be fine if not a bit malnourished.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You'll be just fine eating crap all day, and you will see results just fine. Perhaps you will only lose 9 pounds instead of 10. As long as that's ok with you, you may find eating whatever you wish to be much easier to handle than carefully monitoring your diet.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Well I wouldn't say that I have the best diet, I like my pizza and ice cream. (though we have a huge garden and eat out of it a LOT during the summer, so that helps some) If I try to just eat healthy, it drives me nuts. In a few days I feel deprived and binge on sweets. If I just try to limit the portions of my sweets a bit (still working on getting my ice cream servings down to 1/2 cup) and work them into my calories, I feel satisfied, and not guilty because I planned it. However, I don't depend on exercise to get rid of my calories. I don't like exercise well enough for that. I do like biking, and do it in varying frequencies, but I did that before I started losing too, and it didn't make me magically lose the weight.