Has anyone lost weight using mfp and gained it back

Options
12346»

Replies

• felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I lost ~25 kgs on MFP, stopped logging and kept on going with my life. I had learned healthy habits and knew that the meals I cooked for myself contained a good and healthy amount of calories, since I was eating pretty much the same things as I did while logging.

I'd gained ~10 kgs back after about a year of not logging, not because of slacking, but because my life and habits changed. I was unable to cook for myself as much as before and eating food someone else had prepared and served which made it harder to control/track what went into the food and how much of it went to my plate. The weight came back on quite rapidly (most of it in the last 4 months of not logging) and caught me off guard. New habits brought on some of my old bad habits that I'd gotten rid off which didn't make it any easier. I've been back on MFP for about three months now and I've lost ~5 kgs even during the same food conditions. It's a bit tougher than last time, but it's doable.

For me, it's all about good habits - habits that you don't really think twice about, it just comes naturally to you. Those habits are easy to keep even without logging on MFP.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did, but it was because I got pregnant:)
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I lost ~25 kgs on MFP, stopped logging and kept on going with my life. I had learned healthy habits and knew that the meals I cooked for myself contained a good and healthy amount of calories, since I was eating pretty much the same things as I did while logging.

I'd gained ~10 kgs back after about a year of not logging, not because of slacking, but because my life and habits changed. I was unable to cook for myself as much as before and eating food someone else had prepared and served which made it harder to control/track what went into the food and how much of it went to my plate. The weight came back on quite rapidly (most of it in the last 4 months of not logging) and caught me off guard. New habits brought on some of my old bad habits that I'd gotten rid off which didn't make it any easier. I've been back on MFP for about three months now and I've lost ~5 kgs even during the same food conditions. It's a bit tougher than last time, but it's doable.

For me, it's all about good habits - habits that you don't really think twice about, it just comes naturally to you. Those habits are easy to keep even without logging on MFP.

I like this.

Logging for years and years doesn't seem a 'natural' life to me. Eating better 'alone' (lifestyle change) is better.

For myself I've been maintaining for 8 months, but am tracking again to lose 4 more pounds.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Yes I've lost weight before and yes I gained some of it back. I had severe health issues and was unable to walk for a time, however I stopped logging. At the time I had to get my head on straight to walk again, but really had I kept logging I don't think the weight gain would have been as much.

Just keep logging. Go on with your life like you are now. In the end MFP is just one part of your day, for me it will remain so, but at the end of the day I don't look at this like a diet, its a lifestyle and I'm becoming a healthy person. I am changing my habits to become that healthy person forever. Not just as a fix.

Good luck to you.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Sigh yes, my normal consumption of foods makes me fat.
    Have to monitor it..
  • tiggersmum
    tiggersmum Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Up till February 2013 I had lost 18kgs on here....Then I meet the love of my life which in brought on abandonment issues and I stopped logging and put most of it back.....I put most of it back on and now I'm back to get to my goal weight....