ARIA SCALE

Options
Im thinking about getting the aria fitbit scale- thoughts?

Replies

• alejandrameraz1
    alejandrameraz1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is a very good thing to have if you are already using fitbit.
    I like how it automatically updates my weight here in MFP and calculates my BF% very precisely... at least as precise as I need it to be.
    Also if you already use fitbit and set your 'goal weight' there, you gain an extra badge, and badges for losing weight :)
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really like mine and haven't had any issues with it. The BF% isn't tremendously accurate but it still works for getting a baseline and monitoring up or down trends.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like mine because I like to weigh myself every morning and it automatically logs my weight for me.
  • s00z22
    s00z22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi folks - just got my ARIA but confusing. The first time I step on it, it weighs me heavier. The second and subsequent times I step on it (in the same weigh in session) I am almost always down a pound+ from the initial step. ANyone else?
  • CalZach
    CalZach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can't comment on the Aria (I bought the Withings one at the weekend) but the slickness of having your vital stats appear in MFP automagically is great. Would heartily recommend the Withings WS-50 by the way, if you're not already sold on the Aria
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the Aria and it's convenient and the weight seems pretty accurate. The BF% is a little quirky. It's high on the normal setting, but too low on the active setting. I just pick one and monitor any change. The auto update with my fitbit is great since I was logging both from my old scale manually.
  • 0305tash
    0305tash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had been using the aria scale for a year now. The weight syncing to the fitbit is nice but that's really the only thing it has going for it. The body fat will change full % points within 30 seconds and fluctuates a lot overtime. I always thought my BF% (as read by the Aria) was really, really high compared to an older BF scale I had -- but years and pounds went by, so I wasn't certain.

I was recently given the Ozeri touch. I like how it gives me the muscle, water AND BF percentages. There are only two settings - active and not. The BF% come in significantly less than the arias no matter the activity setting (Like 5-10% POINTS less!). But most importantly, there aren't any changes for the BF% after repeated weighs.

I use the Aria for daily Weigh ins so it will sync to my Fitbit and MFP and calibrate my calories in/out.

I weight myself on the Ozeri weekly or 2x/week for the accurate BF AND muscle read outs. Also, because it calculates water % (a good indicator for hydration), if anything is wonky, I can assess if it's bc of the water (normally for the muscle %).