Weight Loss & Tattoos?

Options
I have a large tattoo that goes from the bottom of my bra strap to my the top of my hips.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if losing a significant amount of weight(63lbs) will deform the tattoo? Either way it doesn't matter to me, I'm still losing the weight, I'd just like to know what to expect. (I don't have much fat on my sides/stomach anyway. I carry most of it in my lower body and some on my arms) Thanks!

Replies

• rockonerin
    Options
    the tattoo should be fine - not a ton of fat stored in that part of the body ;)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    my tattoo shrinks and expands with my skin. :) I like it better when it's smaller b/c I was smaller when I got it so it seems not so distorted if you know what I mean.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    it will probably shrink a little but since you said you dont have much fat in that area anyway, it shouldnt shrink too much. stretching and getting bigger is more what deforms a tattoo anyway.
  • amycrims
    Options
    i have a peacock feather on my upper arm and wonder what it would look like if i lost so much weight that my arsm were significantly thinner. hmmm.
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    The most mine have done is shrink a little.

I believe it's if you have a tattoo on your stomach that it can really go funny!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    My butterflies on the back of my hip have got an extra line because of the weight I have put on (did get them at age 18 and I am now nearly 40!) but they aren't that bad because they didn't stretch out of shape - just enlarged.

I am interested to know how yours will go when the weight is LOST. Probably just get a deeper colour and go a bit smaller I suspect.

I am getting mine redone when I lose my weight - if the double line doesn't go away.
  • Caranerdjoy
    Caranerdjoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely covered in tattoos and the only issue i've ever had is them stretching a bit with weight gain. They always just look better with weight loss.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i have a few tattoos and i always joke that the one on my back used to be a back piece, now its just a centerpiece, my hips and back have gotten so much bigger since i got it lol. I have one on my side that goes from my bra line to my hip. i got it at around 160 pounds and gained 40 since then. part of it disappeared under my back fat roll. I can't wait for my tattoos to return to normal and even improve once all the fat shrinks away :-D