Keeping MFP from add Cal's when exercising !

Options
Help I Have looked everywhere in MyFP for a way to stop this program from giving more Calories just because I have been exercising!!
I would like to keep my Calories the same but if I put my exercising in the program it just gives more Calories in my daily diary!

Is there a way (( in Sttings )) to put my food in my set Cal's,, Without my Exercise I put in MyFP give me more Calories??

Not sure I'm explaining it right..... :ohwell:

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    You can manually change your calories when you enter exercise. Many people who don't want the exercise calories (using TDEE or whatever, but still want to log the exercise) will manually override the calculated calorie burn and enter 1 or 2 calories. Those calories will still get added, but won't be a big deal.

On a different note, if you are not using TDEE method that already accounts for your exercise, you should be eating back at least a portion of your exercise calories. Adding calories when you exercise still maintains a deficit with which you should continue to lose weight, but is intended to ensure you are providing your body enough fuel to perform your additional activities. However, most people don't eat them all back (unless they're really hungry) as there's a tendency to overestimate burnage. There are plenty of posts in the forums asking about eating back exercise calories.

Hope this helps.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    or just don't log it at all and add it as a note under "exercise notes"
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Just zero out the calorie burn given in the box. This way you can keep track of your minutes, but no add back food calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Help I Have looked everywhere in MyFP for a way to stop this program from giving more Calories just because I have been exercising!!
    I would like to keep my Calories the same but if I put my exercising in the program it just gives more Calories in my daily diary!

Is there a way (( in Sttings )) to put my food in my set Cal's,, Without my Exercise I put in MyFP give me more Calories??

Not sure I'm explaining it right..... :ohwell:

No way to change this - MFP is based upon net calories - you get a deficit BEFORE exercise. So adding exercise....adds calories.

People who use TDEE less a percent (that includes exercise up front) .....either memo their exercise in daily notes....or over ride the calorie burns to 1....your choice.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's been covered. No way to change it other than knocking your burns down manually. It wouldn't make sense for them to change this setting since MFP is designed for eating back calories.

Like stated, if you aren't doing the TDEE method, you should absolutely be eating back some of your calories.