Protein Ideas

Options
Hey MFP friends, I'm looking to get more protein in my diet but I'm totally at a loss for ideas of what that would look like! I'm not a huge meat-eater and I'm sick of eggs. Any ideas?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Protein powders; whey, soy, egg proteins.
    Legumes, beets and pulses.
    Dairy; milk, cheese and eggs.

Meat (you should try and get some in); chicken, beef, pork, veal
    Fish; salmon, tilapia, haddock etc
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, edamame, tofu, cottage cheese, peanut butter (it's more of a fat source but it has some), van's waffles has a kind that has about 10g of protein per serving, some granola (bear naked and nature valley have kinds that are 10g of protein per serving I like to put those in oatmeal, my ice cream or greek yogurt.
  • namukoseallie
    namukoseallie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, lentils, and cottage cheese if you're not doing too much meat!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I just had oatmeal cooked with one cup of soy milk for bfast and that was 10g protein. I'm pretty sure whole cows milk has even more protein, so that would bump up the number if you drink cow milk.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My personal favorites: Pure Protein chocolate and peanut butter bars 20g protein and 200 cal, Body Fortress chocolate and peanut butter whey isolate protein powder (mixed with water) 30g protein and 150 cal, Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt strawberry cheesecake flavor 12g protein and 80 cal, Dean's 1% cottage cheese 12g protein and 90 cal.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    BUMP

My sister and I were just having a similar conversation about how hard it is to get the protein numbers up. We do eat Pure Protein bars, she does muscle milk as well, and we do eat "normal" amounts of meat but still tough.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Tofu
    Edamame
    Cottage cheese
    Nuts
    Beans (also source of carbs)
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Salmon, tilapia
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty tasty whey powders out there, and you can use a lot of them to make food with. Protein pancakes, protein banana bread, etc.