Hi! - Joined a gym week ago

Options
Hi, my name is Janet. I joined a local gym about a week ago and want to lose 20 pounds. It's my goal to work out 4 x per week and cut calories. I took out an 18 month membership so hopefully I'll stick to it. Has anyone here had any good success with weight loss. Let me know your secrets. Thanks.

Replies

• fitness4life78
    Options
    You can do this!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No secrets here. I eat at a deficit and lift heavy weights. Lifting weights is crucial to preserving your muscle so you lose more body fat. It also keeps your bones strong and helps prevent osteo.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is that a serious question? Loads of people have had success with weight loss, and many of them have credited myfitnesspal as helping with that. Also, going to the gym,

There's a great section on here called "success stories" . You'll get lots of inspirational personal records on ther!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The secret is that how much you eat (calories in) is way more important for weight loss than calories out (exercise). "You can't outrun a bad diet" is so true.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Eat - Exercise - Enjoy
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The secret is consistency and not eating garbage. Cut out all fast food, work out for 30-60 minutes 5 days a week. Include strength training, and that will do it. No excuses. No cheating. No rationalizing.