My first 5k

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Best race report ever!

Congrats! That's an awesome performance.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job and wonderful time on your first race!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

Congrats on medaling your first 5k marathon!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Job well done!

:drinker:
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well done and thank you for making me laugh out loud.... I have my first race on the 18th October, followed by an 8k in November and I'm planning on an 11 in January... Fingers crossed I make it to the end. :)
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!
  • nriviecc
    nriviecc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! My first 5k is in a few weeks and I've been doing C25K to train. I'm nervous and know I won't get a placing medal but that's fine. My goals are 1) start 2) don't die 3) finish and 4) enjoy a nice cold beer at the end of the race!

Thanks for sharing, running should be fun and you prove it is :flowerforyou:

Sláinte :drinker:

I've got my first 5k in about 5 weeks, and I've been doing C25K as well! I'm on week 5. I've never been able to run, EVER. This morning, I ran two eight minute intervals and actually didn't feel like I was going to pass out. Now I'm super excited to keep going and see how much I can do. Good luck to you!!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Excellent time! :drinker:
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Great motivational story, and probably the best post on MFP! I'm hoping to run a 5k in the spring...gotta build up to it. This story definitely inspires me. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Well done, my man.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    No pizza-eating medal shots? For shame!

Congratulations, that's insane for your first 5k. Too bad about getting snubbed for 1st, I doubt those transponders are THAT accurate, I wonder how close it really was. Too bad you didn't know that you were that close and could have made up the difference.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yep, feels good, doesn't it:smile: I've done three 5Ks since end of July, and hubby and I are doing one on Saturday. I'm thrilled each time I better my previous time, and I enjoy having a goal that isn't based on a number on the scale. Good luck as you continue your journey.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    So so good! Well done! Thanks for such a great story :)
  • Susanjellybelly
    Susanjellybelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    23:48!! You killed it! I have been trying since May to duplicate my race time in the 5 k ( which was a turtle compared to you 27:53) and only yesterday came within 30 seconds of it. You're a natural, keep going!! I would never be taking those medals off either!
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    HAHA!! Congratulations!!

I wish I were as modest ;)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great job!!

And you crack me up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You, sir, rock my socks! Way to go!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Excelsior.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!