V Cookies for Second Graders

Options

Replies

• Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A recipe for disaster. Seven year olds licking the icing off of anatomically correct cookies? Yeah, not really the way I want my child learning about respecting her body. What's next? Male anatomically correct suckers?

they have those though
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    A recipe for disaster. Seven year olds licking the icing off of anatomically correct cookies? Yeah, not really the way I want my child learning about respecting her body. What's next? Male anatomically correct suckers?

they have those though

Seriously though, can you imagine if a dad brought in penis cookies and then berated the teacher like that? I'm thinking an arrest warrant on sex charges.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I love the texts the mom sent the teacher. :huh:

My son is in first grade and if he came home from school next year saying he learned all about vaginas I'd be at the school ready to talk to the principal when it opened the next morning. Seven year olds don't need anatomically correct vagina cookies.

I agree. I'm still not sure (even after reading her rant) how she thought eating cookies was promoting respect for self. smdh

I checked it out of reddit. While there is no school district listed and basically no way to verify it I do question the validity. It's also a second person account of the story, so it could be made up or blown out of proportion. Still would not surprise me if it was true.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

they have those though

Seriously though, can you imagine if a dad brought in penis cookies and then berated the teacher like that? I'm thinking an arrest warrant on sex charges.

That's a very excellent point!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Just a few days ago was the story and pictures of the sex ed teacher using Common Core curriculum to justify teaching elementary students about penis pumps and strap ons, with demonstrations and various illustrative techniques. Now we have moms trying to teach second graders about sexual identity with vagina cookies. I think my future children will be taught by a tutor, certainly not public schooling.
  • SuperHero_Kitty
    SuperHero_Kitty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think there is nothing wrong with learning about human anatomy, at any age. As long as they act mature enough with the information being given to them.

So now onto vagina cookies? No, there is absolutely no way you can be appropriate about it. Hell I'm 22, plenty mature-ish and already I'm thinking of all the fun, naughty stuff I can say while shoving one into my mouth..... No....just no.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I think it's stupid... no second grader needs to know how to "please a vagina" as the mother with the cookies explicitly states in her rage letter... And I find it completely appalling that she hopes that the teacher is in an abusive relationship... in other words... vagina cookie mom is bat fraking crazy.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I think it's stupid... no second grader needs to know how to "please a vagina" as the mother with the cookies explicitly states in her rage letter... And I find it completely appalling that she hopes that the teacher is in an abusive relationship... in other words... vagina cookie mom is bat fraking crazy.

You took the words out of my mouth…or my vagina…hahaha.
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options

My son is in first grade and if he came home from school next year saying he learned all about vaginas I'd be at the school ready to talk to the principal when it opened the next morning. Seven year olds don't need anatomically correct vagina cookies.

I agree. I'm still not sure (even after reading her rant) how she thought eating cookies was promoting respect for self. smdh

I checked it out of reddit. While there is no school district listed and basically no way to verify it I do question the validity. It's also a second person account of the story, so it could be made up or blown out of proportion. Still would not surprise me if it was true.

I spend a lot of time on Reddit, and boy, do they love to hate on straw feminists. This story is basically Reddit circle jerk 101. I saw it in the wild, and my BS detector went off.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I spend a lot of time on Reddit, and boy, do they love to hate on straw feminists. This story is basically Reddit circle jerk 101. I saw it in the wild, and my BS detector went off.

After mulling it around for the last day or so.... I'm starting to wonder if the story isn't full of shenanigans... because it just seems so far-fetched... however, there are crazy *kitten* people out there that would do and believe this kind of stuff... Either way, I'm kinda tired of seeing brightly colored vagina cookies on my facebook feed now.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was lurking here a little while ago and didn't post because I don't have anything else to add. You can only say no way in hell so many ways.

I did have the tab up still though and my fourth grade son saw "Mom Bakes Vagina C...".

So the nine year old fourth grader says "that's disgusting Mom,why are you looking at that???!!!" He didn't even see the pictures.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If she wanted to teach them about menstruation, she could make cherry filled cupcakes!
  • SuperHero_Kitty
    SuperHero_Kitty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If she wanted to teach them about menstruation, she could make cherry filled cupcakes!
    NSV: Held in my barf....this tested me. Thanks. I'm not fat enough to even think that is good...... :noway:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm all sorts of uncomfortable with the idea of this. I mean, they're so young, and impressionable, and here we are giving them cookies as if sugar isn't POISON! :noway:
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

After mulling it around for the last day or so.... I'm starting to wonder if the story isn't full of shenanigans... because it just seems so far-fetched... however, there are crazy *kitten* people out there that would do and believe this kind of stuff... Either way, I'm kinda tired of seeing brightly colored vagina cookies on my facebook feed now.

I do have my suspicions but meh, this was too hard to resist
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    I'm all sorts of uncomfortable with the idea of this. I mean, they're so young, and impressionable, and here we are giving them cookies as if sugar isn't POISON! :noway:

Well, the V did save them from the sugar demons. Maybe there are some magical properties in there?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Well, the V did save them from the sugar demons. Maybe there are some magical properties in there?
    You mean like raspberry ketones?
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    no-effin-way_zpseb4333c2.gif

Totally heard that in his accent
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with learning and understanding human anatomy

the female body is so highly sexualized ( ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) though so obviously people are going to lose their *kitten* piss bag over this
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    nothing wrong with learning and understanding human anatomy

the female body is so highly sexualized ( ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) though so obviously people are going to lose their *kitten* piss bag over this

Let's not sexualize piss bags