I Over-ate Today :(

Options
Hello. Today I was around 600 calories over my goal amount of calories for the day. Usually this wouldn't bother me as much, but I have a Doctor's Appointment tomorrow and I would like to surprise them by being under 140 pounds, as opposed to around 150 last year. I'm afraid that with the large -although relatively healthy- meal I just ate for dinner plus the added bulk of my clothes will bring the scale back up into the overweight category again. Even though I ate such a large meal, I am still hungry now! Do you think I can burn this off, since I didn't get any exercise today? I feel just as light as I did before the meal...
Btw, I am assuming you guys can see my food diary. If you can't, could someone tell me how to show it please? :)

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Don't stress. Log it and move on. 600 calories over in one day won't amount to much at tomorrows weigh in. Be pleased with you success. No guilt.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Don't stress. Log it and move on. 600 calories over in one day won't amount to much at tomorrows weigh in. Be pleased with you success. No guilt.

+1
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this...it doesn't come off over night...and it won't go on overnight. Working it off now won't do anything. The body doesn't work that way. One day will not cause you to gain. Just hit it hard tommarrow ????
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't stress out, and get plenty of sleep, try get bed no later than 2am, earlier if it takes you a while sleeping, a good 7 hours sleep over night I find helps me no end burning up pounds over night.

But stress and lack of sleep will do way more damage to your weight than over eating a bit.

Just be proud of how well you have been doing, and chill out, and you'll be fine...

Best of luck at docs.
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't stress out, and get plenty of sleep, try get bed no later than 2am, earlier if it takes you a while sleeping, a good 7 hours sleep over night I find helps me no end burning up pounds over night.

But stress and lack of sleep will do way more damage to your weight than over eating a bit.

Just be proud of how well you have been doing, and chill out, and you'll be fine...

Best of luck at docs.

Well, I got around 9 hours of sleep last night and tried not to stress, so that's always good. I woke up feeling pretty full and sluggish, so I probably won't have much to eat today, doubt I'll be very hungry. I also logged some extra
    things I forgot to log last night, so now I'm over my calories for the week for my first time ever... I guess I'll try to cycle them around today :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to really give help to those with closed diaries and without knowing your basic stats to see if your caloric targets make sense in the first place. It is fairly common around MFP for people to complain they overate only do discover their goals were improperly set ... that they tracked gross rather than net calories ... etc.