looking for snack ideas that are filling. less than 200 calories. Thank you

Replies

• abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    cottage cheese.
    wheat toast and a tbsp of pb.
    crackers and some laughing cow cheese.
    steamed veggies.

lots of ideas! search the forums theres prob a ton of threads that will give you some ideas :)
  • mmm! egg whites with your favorite fixin's put into little muffin tins, voila! so fabulous! one of my MFP friends had some great egg white snack recipes...egg whites: pure protein for muscle : ) and they're delish when you add in your other stuff...about 20-30 cals each egg "muffin"
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Hi There! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I've recently been snacking on Vlasic Dill Pickle Spears....ZERO calories! Also, have you tried any of the 100-calorie snack packs? Granola bars are another low-cal snack...usually around 90 calories (and a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth - if that is a weakness). Lastly, instant oatmeal (the flavored packets) are, on average, 160 +/- calories...if you use double the water than required it gives you more of a FULL feeling. AND, oatmeal is a complex carb so it should tide you over for a longer period of time.

Good luck on your journey. Hope this helped.
  • Pups22
    Pups22 Posts: 14
    I like having half a pitta with a couple tbsp's of hummus.
  • I've been eating celery, cucumber or carot sticks dipped in 100 calories worth of guacamole or hummus.

grilled peaches and nectarines with a drizzle of honey are nice too.

I'm just looking on the packaging of everything so that nothing is restricted. I'm aiming to reduce my carb intake to under 100g if i can but as long as I stay inside my calorie range I'm happy to have the odd cookie.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    1 oz of goat cheese and veggies=70 cal
    with a couple saltines or a small slice of bread is also under 200 I believe
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    you can literally go to walmart, or any other store & buy 100 calorie snacks. 100 calories packs of doritos, cheetos, cookies, chocolate bars, granola bars, ice cream sandwiches, etc. Try skinny cow if you're looking for ice cream type snacks, try thinsations for granola bars, also for little crispy treats. Crispy delights has little wafer type snacks. All either 100 calories or 90. I eat these all the time, that way i also feel like im having a "treat" so i don't crave an actual chocolate bar, or chips etc.
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks so much for the ideas....

I didnt realize you could do a search.. :) thank you
  • my favorite is diet french toast

2 pieces of wonder light wheat bread(8 calories), dipped in egg white, sprinkles with splenda and cinnamon. log cabin sugar free syrup over it (20 calories)

ends up being around 100 calories! not bad for french toast that tastes amazzzzzzzing!
This discussion has been closed.