I'm Back!!!!!! with baby weight to lose!!!

Options
My beautiful baby boy is here and is going on six weeks old! I have the go ahead to get back to working out! and I go back to work tomorrow! DJ was born on Thanksgiving day via c-section at 9lbs 2ozs! I am breastfeeding so my diet is healthy but not too limited. I'm excited to reach my goal of 140 lbs by July 16th!!

I have a group I'm in that's looking a little bare! If anyone is looking for friends and motivation and wants to join our group please check us out!! It's "a new me" I think it's in my signature?

Wish me Luck!

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    ok, our website was in my siggy, but you can find the group through my recent posts on my profile!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're nursing you really shouldn't be trying to lose weight at this point. You need 300-500 calories on top of your maintenance calories in order to make sure your milk has all the nutrition that your baby needs. If you start cutting calories or do not eat your exercise calories the quality of your milk will suffer. Now that you aren't pregnant anymore your body will take care of itself first, giving you all the nutrition you need and putting whatever is left into your milk.

Make sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet, stay away from caffeine and limit your sugar. Keep taking your prenatal vitamins and take a DHA supplement if your prenatals don't already have it.
  • MissKim
    Options
    Yes, I know, that's why I pointed out that I can't limit my calories but just eat healthy food. I'm still going to log everything so that I can keep a check on what I'm eating. and to make sure I'm getting enough calories and nutrients! Don't worry, my doctor has instructed me as to how many calories to eat and what all I can do!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Kim!

Here's the link to our group's website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/127283-a-new-me-let-s-get-started

We will be weighing in on Fridays, and we'll have a weight-loss chart that we'll update weekly and tracks our 2011 start weight, our goal weight, and our last week's and current week's weights. If anyone wants to participate, now would be a great time to join our group and get me your starting and goal weights for the chart!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    KIM!!!!!! Glad to see you're ready to get back at it! Slow and steady wins the race so just ease yourself back in to things on the weight loss front. DJ (and Darron) both need you as healthy as can be!

P.S. DJ is too stinking cute!!!!!!!!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Thanks Katie!! Don't worry, I will be easing into everything!!! I feel great, but def weak! It hurts my knees to walk up steps as dumb as that sounds. My poor body is going to go into shock!! But eating healthy is my main goal right now along with starting to exercise 3x a week for about 30 minutes. I'm giving myself all year to lose 78 pounds so that shouldn't be too hard!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yay Kim! :smile: :drinker: