Still doing well, but regressing..too much junk

kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi everyone

I lost about 25 pounds on this site over the past few months
For the first time since trying to loose the weight (over 2 yrs) I didn't ban all sweet together...allowed myself 100-150 cals a day for a special treat (dark chocolate, skinny cow) etc
This really helped me from feeling deprived...
I hit my goal a few weeks ago and have been doing well with maintaining..upped my cals to 1600-1650
Problem is I am regressing in the fact that I am eating more and more sweets....some days it 2-3 junkie snacks/empty cals
I'm staying within my calorie range but need to focus more on healthy eating
Any advice?

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi everyone

I lost about 25 pounds on this site over the past few months
    For the first time since trying to loose the weight (over 2 yrs) I didn't ban all sweet together...allowed myself 100-150 cals a day for a special treat (dark chocolate, skinny cow) etc
    This really helped me from feeling deprived...
    I hit my goal a few weeks ago and have been doing well with maintaining..upped my cals to 1600-1650
    Problem is I am regressing in the fact that I am eating more and more sweets....some days it 2-3 junkie snacks/empty cals
    I'm staying within my calorie range but need to focus more on healthy eating
    Any advice?

Kim
  • mamazboyz
    mamazboyz Posts: 1 Member
    Have you tried sugar free treats? My favorite is the sugar free fudge bars that are only 40 calories. That usually gives me my fix during the week and then on weekends I treat myself to a real ice cream. Congratulations on hitting your goal!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Willpower--that's part of the problem with allowing yourself to have "cheat" food every day or on a regular type basis; you never get over not wanting them anymore.

You will simply have to make the decision to not have them anymore. Try to wean yourself off them gradually--maybe switch over to sugar-free stuff but watch that, too. Sugar alcohol can have a a laxative effective and they also have carbs even if no sugar.