Super-Simple Baked "Pizza Rolls"

CherokeeBabe
CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
My roomie and I came up with this lil recipe because I had a hankering for Pizza Rolls, but lets face it, delicious though they are they're not the healthiest lunch :smile: So I modified some ingredients laying around in the fridge into a tasty alternative!

Serving size: 1 Roll/Wrap (mine are roughly 3 inches x 2 inches)

Ingredients:

1 Egg-Roll Wrapper

1 Tablespoon Spaghetti/Pizza Sauce

Shredded Cheese

Low-fat Baked Ham or any Meat of your choice

1 lightly Beaten Egg

Prep:

Lay egg-roll wrapper out, place 1 tablespoon of sauce in the center. Then add a bit of diced Ham or Meat of your choice(or none at all if you prefer just cheese!). Put a little bit of shredded cheese on top, as much as you prefer. I scooped my cheese out of the bag with a regular teaspoon and laid it on top, nothing particularly measured. Then dip your fingers into the beaten egg mixture and coat the edges of the egg-roll wrapper, fold it however you'd like to seal the edges together (I fold mine like a little envelope) and lay on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake in Oven at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes, or longer if you like yours crispier.

Calories: dependent upon your choice of topping and amounts, but mine made with cheese, ham and sauce are about 110 calories per "pizza roll".

Enjoy!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.