Question For The Ladies

Options
I have drastically changed my diet over the last month, and well my period is 2 weeks late...i took a pregnancy test and it was negative, so i was just wondering if anyone has missed their periods from changing of eating habits or exercise. BTW im going to the Dr. tomorrow to find out what the real problem is...hopefully im not pregnant, dont think im ready for that step yet :noway:

Replies

• Funkystarr
    Funkystarr Posts: 40
    Options
    I have drastically changed my diet over the last month, and well my period is 2 weeks late...i took a pregnancy test and it was negative, so i was just wondering if anyone has missed their periods from changing of eating habits or exercise. BTW im going to the Dr. tomorrow to find out what the real problem is...hopefully im not pregnant, dont think im ready for that step yet :noway:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Since I have started eating better and exercising when I joined this site in March I've not had a cycle. I haven't tested for pregnancy since there's no fear of that. I've talked to my doctor because my whole life I was always on schedule except when I was pregnant with my boys. He said my body was just rebelling in it's own lil way :laugh:

It's always best to discuss any changes with the doctor just to be safe. :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Changes in diet, work enviorment, weather, everything! They all screw up my period. If someone around me gets pregnant, I'm late. So it's not a huge deal, but if it continues, you may want to talk to your doctor.

:flowerforyou:
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Yes...sometimes when you start working out your cycle will change. Depending on your weight, it may stop or get very light for awhile. Some athletes don't have one at all during hard work outs. But, definitely check with your doctor! But, a baby will definitely change your cycle, too!:wink: Hope everything turns out the way you want it...!
  • Funkystarr
    Funkystarr Posts: 40
    Options
    Well i hope you guys are right, or im in serious trouble :sad:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me right after I was married! We both went on the Atkins diet and the dr. told me it was the shock to my body that messed things up. I had previously lived off carbs, so it was a huge shock to my system. The pregancy tests you buy in stores are very good now, so if you're 2 weeks late and it still says negative, you are probably safe!