so much junk food around my house.... Ahh!

mariaaa2010
mariaaa2010 Posts: 11
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I've stuck to snacking on fresh fruit instead, but its a little hard when everyone here buys chips, cookies, and soda...!

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    I know what you mean! I live with my family and from time to time my mother makes something horribly unhealthy (but luckily usually its the healthy stuff...). I have a one-bite rule - I just try out the food with one bite. It works for me:D!
    PS: feel free to add me as a friend for support, im 24 and looking for friends that are around my age (which you are considering the age range here...):D
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    i hear ya is tough. I got growing kids so crap around all the time. My willpower is weak too
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Throw it out! Haha...

Are you rooming with people or living with family? I think if you talk to them about how it affects you and your healthy eating habits, they will understand. Sometimes its just making a point of asking them to keep the "bad foods" in their own rooms or don't bring it home at all. I live with my boyfriend and luckily he agreed to not have ANY bad foods in our apartment...so its all healthy here...but I told him that if he wants he can go to Wendys/McDonald's or buy sugary foods at the convenience store as long as he eats it away from home. That seems to work for us. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.