Advice please before I go insane!

Options
2»

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't diet-related, but I think if you ditched that boyfriend of yours and just focused on yourself and getting back into good health you'd be much better off.

I think emotional states can really effect one's weight and over all well being.

Remember, anything less than 1200 calories is real bad for your body. Try bringing healthy snacks to work with you (protein bars, fruit, cut up veggies, etc.)

MFP is an excellent tool if used correctly. Weigh and measure your food and be honest with logging everything in.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear that you had such an abrasive relationship for so long but you are out of it now and you seem to really value your knew man. I know that his comment opened old wounds for you but unless he has made references/comments like that in the past perhaps you should try and not confuse his statement with the words of your past BF. Especially if he has no knowledge of the problems you had in the past. I would hope that his comment ever how much it may have hurt was with good intent and meant out of love. Words can hurt if we let them but try and remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said; “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent!” I know it can be hard when those that are nearest to us say things that hurt but we mustn’t let it, take their words as constructive criticism and use it to build the momentum that is needed to turn the corner, to open that door and to take that step.

Just remember to believe in yourself, see yourself for the beautiful person that you are and envision yourself as the person you want to be.

The keys to success start with you and extent to your family and friends, Remember “No man is an Island, entire to itself…” (John Donne) find your friends and family that will support and push you and lean on them when you need that support team or that extra push. Next is getting a plan and setting a goal, make the plan one that is easy enough to follow and the goal one that is reasonable. One last quote “Those that fail to plan should plan to fail,” (Ben Franklin) set your plans in place days and even weeks in advance (when possible) that way there are no surprises. As far as skipping meals and alcohol, stop doing both! You need to eat correctly to fuel yourself for the long hard day and the alcohol will undo any efforts that you have made during the day. Start your day with protein and end it with protein; protein takes longer to digest and will help you feel fuller longer. Also, drink plenty of water sources say that we should have 8 servings of 8oz a day. I aim for 10 with no exercise accounted for; depending on the level of exercising I try and get two more servings per hour of exercise. To help me keep on tract with my water consumption I have a filtered water bottle with me everywhere I go.

The next thing that I would advise you to do is get a food scale and measure everything that you digest and log it on your diary using MFP. Ok I’ve gone on way to long so last thing is get a brand name heart rate monitor that tracts at the very least you HR both maximum and average, calories burnt, and has a memory function, then get a solid exercise plan and stick to it. You may need to adjust the plan until you find what works for you. I would suggest looking at doing a HIIT routine; just Google HIIT and read up on it. If you would like I have several routines on a word document that I can give you, just message me and I will in box it to you.

You can do this just believe in yourself. Good luck and best wishes for success.

V/r,
    DW
  • p_emmel5
    p_emmel5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You have had some major "stuff" go on in your life. Personal opinion: The #1 thing you need to do now is take care of you. Set your goals for you and nobody but you. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. But, (insert grandfather voice here) you need to eat properly, especially if you aren't taking in enough calories. Might think about moving one of your exercise machines to your business. You could use it during some down time at work and free up some home time. The weight gain didn't happen overnight, so don't think it needs to come off all at once. Doing that will drive you crazy and beat your motivation down. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Compared to all the crap you have been through it will be a walk in the park. GO FOR IT. :flowerforyou:

Side note for all you and all the other ladies on the forum: Remember this, most of us guys are typically morons when it comes to communicating with the ones we love. Don't ask me why, we just are. We say things that would get somebody else whooped, by us, if they said to to you. We'll die for you, but can't explain how we feel. Go figure