calorie overload

Options
After making terrible choices on food today, I decided to log in and see how many calories it all added up to. By 4pm I had consumed almost 800 more calories than my recommended intake for the day. Yikes!! So here I am, motivated to do better. To make better choices today, tomorrow and the next day and so on. Any words of advice are welcome. I need help!! LoL and I would love to motivate you too!! Good luck everyone, we can do this :)

Replies

• stephensgirl
    stephensgirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yesterday I ate 600 calories over my target and I felt horrible.However I went to the store today and bought some stuff to keep me on track..You can do it I believe in you and our cause....
  • starbz29
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I did it today but I am about to exercise for a little bit. Just get back on track and keep your goal in mind. You will do great
  • DebMcC
    DebMcC Posts: 2
    Options
    I went way over a couple of days ago. We went to TGI Friday's for lunch, and I got the Dragonfire Salmon, which comes with rice and broccoli, so I thought it was pretty healthy. My husband got Dragonfire Chicken. AFTER eating, I looked up the calories and mine came in at about 790, whereas the chicken was in the 300 range. Wow. So live and learn. The next day I went on a seriously long hike to make up for it. Motivation for exercise!
    I also just downloaded the worst picture of myself at Christmas, so every time I look at it I have more motivation.:-)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    The best piece of advice I have for avoiding discovering you've gone way over your calories is to enter everything in your food diary BEFORE you eat it. You can see if you're headed for disaster before it happens and can make the necessary adjustments in time. Good luck!
  • swilderm
    Options
    I was amazed at how many calories I was eating on a regular bases. No wonder I have weight issues! i agree, live and learn...