At Home Bodyweight Workout Routine?

Options
Long story short, I won't have access to a gym until I start university in January. I am a distance runner, and will be running for my college starting this January. Right now, i'm building up to 60-65 miles per week (at about 40-45 currently), and that's really my main priority. I'm looking for a bodyweight workout routine sort of thing to supplement that. Push ups and core are a must, but i'm not sure what else to put in, or where else to go from there. Thank you!

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Body by You and You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren - you can check out the books from the library and see if you like them, and YAYOG has an app for a small cost ($2.99 I think).

Sworkit app - free, has bodyweight circuit training routines and you can set the length of the workout and choose from tons of different programs

Convict Conditioning - also a book, haven't tried it myself but many of my bodyweight friends love it

Fitness Blender videos - free, more like circuit training but lots of fun

Check out the bodyweight forums here at MFP, they have threads that list loads more resources.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com

has TONS of awesome videos. And they're free!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question, but I am a beginner. Here is the address

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1450748-strength-training-at-home-what-do-i-need-to-start
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    nerdfitness bodyweight routine

www.nerdfitness.com