ALLI

Options
Does ALLI work?.............My mom bought it for me for christmas and i'm a bit nervous about taking it..............

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it but if you eat more than 20% fat I hear that you can poop your pants. That doesn't sound appealing to me but hey to each their own. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it, but I can tell you than all it does is cause your body to not-absorb some of the fat that you eat. If you eat too much fat, you are likely to experience some very embarrassing gastrointestinal side-effects (stay close to the bathroom)! You still have to exercise, count calories and eat right. I personally see no reason to use a product like this - it's basically just something that gives you a really bad side-effect if you eat too much fat, but % of fat in your diet is NOT the most important thing in weight loss - it's total calories in vs calories burned.

Edited to add: the alli website specifies that the bad side-effects are most likely to happen if you eat over 15g of fat in any one meal. In my opinion that's a pretty unrealistic restriction - you can eat healthy and lose weight while regularly consuming meals over 15g of fat, especially if you're focusing on healthier fats...
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My aunt tried ALLI and said the same thing, it makes you have to GO! It works by decreasing the absorption of fat in the intestines, so you absorb less calories overall.. and where do you think they go haha?
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It works if you follow the suggestions about food intake and drink plenty of water and exercise regularly. I lost a little over 20lbs while taking Alli