Ideas for a reward when I hit target

Options
Hi all,

I read on someone elses profile that they had a few rewards in mind for when they hit various milestones. I love this idea and want to set myself some goals as well.... the only trouble is, I keep thinking of rewarding myself with a slap up curry meal, or a chinese takeaway with all the trimmings. I'm after ideas that are non-food related, (as this time the weight is staying off)... What rewards do you have in mind for when you hit target or certain milestones... or is hitting target reward enough? (which i have to say would be plenty as I will be absolutely over the moon)
Ideas welcome....
Good luck on your journey

PS - always up for new MFP friends so add me if you like.

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    How about a new wardrobe? Buying new clothes to fit my smaller body was a great reward.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    rewarding yourself with food is not right. food isn't a reward you earn. your favorite meals should become a part of your normal eating habits.

personally, i sign up for races. they are two fold, as they provide motivation to work out, and on race day your efforts are rewarded with a t-shirt, a medal, and possibly a beer.

reward yourself with a massage, some new clothes, or a new gadget.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    To me my reward is better health and fitness and many pairs of running shoes:-)

My motivation doesn't work the reward route because it takes my mind off the reason I've been doing this. the reason I've done it is for my overall health and wellbeing not for some 'reward'. That's just how my brain and motivation works and people need to find what works best for them
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What are your hobbies? New fishing rod? New guitar?
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would reward myself with new clothes ????
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    *Clothes (especially workout clothes)
    *Shoes (especially running shoes)
    *Day out (spa, beach, etc)
    *Something you enjoy (new fishing pole, motorcycle helmet, video game, etc)
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, hitting your target weight should be reward enough. It's better to remove the emotional part of dieting and just see this weight loss journey as a necessary investment in your health.
    (I'm no native speaker so it's hard for me to explain, but I hope you get what I want to say.)
    That being said, if you still want to reward yourself and can't think of anything else than food: How about buying new jeans/clothing, maybe from a more expensive brand you wouldn't normally buy? This is also a good motivation to stay on track!
  • Step3000
    Options
    New clothes or a mini vacation to celebrate.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pedicare/Manicure
    facial
    getaway
    Ziplining (is up there as one of my goals)
    Tattoo

Something you are interested in
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    New yarn!!!

Just me then? OK.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I thought about celebrating with a huge piece of cake, but instead I rewarded myself with a heart rate monitor, which has inspired me to push my workouts up a level.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I hit a goal weight I celebrate by eating a whole pound of broccoli.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I would get some new clothes and maybe a haircut.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    An expensive handbag :happy: ! I have my eye on a new Burberry that I won't buy for myself until I hit my goal.
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    okay so non food related rewards are what my dietician told me... 100 lbs lost I got a fitbit, 150 lbs lost I got to go to my local junk yard and crush cars, when I get to 200 lbs I will go roller skating and finally at 250 lbs My goal I will go line dancing and have the outfit to go with it I am 8 lbs away from 200 lbs lost half my starting body weight.
  • soinfinite
    Options
    I set mini rewards, and then one big reward for when I reach my final goal.
    My first one was getting my hair done (which I did two weeks ago!).
    My final reward will be a shopping spree.
    I have random things that I enjoy in between; Dinner at my favorite restaurant, special trip, etc.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!
  • tifftwoten
    tifftwoten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think Kshadows comment sums up exactly what I had in mind for rewards.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've been limping my wardrobe through this process through thrift shops cuz it's too damn expensive to keep up with the frequent size changes. Definitely some new clothes in my future...the kind that other people haven't donated and that still have store tags on them. Kind of a necessity/reward combo, but I think I'll actually reward myself with at east one expensive pair of jeans. I'm pretty thrifty, so buying the kind of jeans that would normally hurt my wallet will be a bit of a reward.

The main reward I'm planning for is a big tattoo. I expect the hit goal by Christmas, so want to spend my winter working on a very large tattoo that will encompass part of my back, shoulder, and maybe a sleeve.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Pandora bracelet and charms