Losing weight in the 120s range

Options
Hi all, I'm a 29 yr old female who started at 130.6 lbs and am flip flopping around the 124/123 lb range. My initial goal was 120, but once I reach it I might aim for somewhere between 115-120. Has anyone else been in a similar weight loss pattern--consistent weight loss then kind of plateauing? Or perhaps starting around 130 and found the first five easy and the next five harder? I know what I have to do--exercise harder, eat healthier at home and eating out....but just looking for some people to relate to, or whatever you may advise! :)

Replies

• belrowley
    Options
    I don't have advice, but I can commiserate. I am in a very similar place. 130 - 120 was easy for me. But the next 10 are getting to be harder.
  • danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same place as you, I started over 130, at one point I made it to my goal of 119, but my body always seems to find it's way to around 127 where I plateau.

It really depends on what your looking for though - sometimes a goal weight is just an arbitrary number.

1 year ago I started doing cross-training and weigh lifting instead of my regular routine of cardio and now I'm 4 pants sizes smaller (and shrinking) that I ever was in the low 120s even though I still weigh ~128.

Don't get me wrong, I still weigh myself regularly (it's a mental thing), but I'm much happier with how my body looks and feels now than it ever did before. So my recommendation would be to check yourself on what you really want - is it to see 119 on the scale instead of 120 or is it to tighten and tone, etc which might actually have an opposite effect on the scale...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started at 135, getting to 118-120 was easy. I gave up on 115 and am now focused more on lifting weights, slowing cutting body fat while retaining muscle. I've learned that I could look better without seeing an ultra low weight on the scale.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think when you're within a healthy weight range and only have a few pounds to go, it just takes a while. Losing half a pound a week or so is pretty standard for me even when I'm trying pretty hard. (I have about the same current weight and goal weight as you, and I've done it before. Just takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime, ugh.)