My Wedding Day

Options
I am 47 years old. I have been married twice but I have never had a wedding. Oh sure, my 1st hubby and I eloped to Reno and got married in the "chapel o' love", in a store bought dress, but I didn't get to send out invitations, plan the cake, have a dress made just for me.. y'know, A WEDDING!! Well, my fiance' proposed Christmas morning and I'll be gosh darned if I'm gonna be a fat bride! I'm 5'10" and I weigh 288. I have almost two years to get to 140 or a size 12, whichever comes first. I feel like everything is coming together what with finding this free site! FREE!! Amazing. And the food list is so extensive. I have not found a food yet that wasn't in there somehow. So....today is the day. I went and bought fruit, vegies, various different "health" foods. And most of all, if I blow it here and there, I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm done with that. I'm human. I make mistakes. But my biggest challenge is to be awake and present each and every day. Not going through my day on automatic pilot, making poor choices just because they're easier.

My name is Madison and I'm not going to be fat anymore.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Welcome Madison :)
    you'll love it here. This place is incredible.
    I'm also 5'10 btw :) rock on! hehe
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi Madison! Good luck I am sure you will look beautiful on your wedding day! Congratulations on your engagement!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    welcome 5'11" here. :) You'll look awesome in your dress and have a great time.
  • wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome Madison! I hope you find this place as addictive as I do! Best of luck to you!
  • sweet_innocent
    Options
    Hey Madison Congrats on the engagement dear & welcome here ive been here two months i guess and im loving it already
    I'm 5.9 or 5.8 1/2 not sure heheeehee getting married Late Dec. 2011 i want to be size 10/12, your in the right path to the new beautiful bride you will be on your wedding..
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    hi madison unlike you i've been there 2x & will be going sometime in 2012. i'm kinda krazy i'd love 2 get married on the beach in jamaica in a bathing suit so i know there is alot of work 2 be done, especially toning. u can do it, good luck. lots of fruits, veggies, water & dont deprive urself thats when u cheat. most of all keep moving; take the stairs at work, park far away from the stores, walk period.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. I found for myself that having a goal like your wedding keeps you motivated. My motivation was family pictures. I did not want to stare at my fat self all the time so I had to get to work. Good Luck ... YOU CAN DO IT!!!