Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose!

Options
2»

Replies

• gogozinn
    gogozinn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    With dedication, there is no goal too small or too big. I pray and hope you will be a beautiful bride, happy and confident, and secure in whatever size dress you end up wearing. I know for myself, having started and stopped, made excuses and had serious motivation, it's a rocky road, but sounds like you are on a good leg now, so keep it up. The thing is we know what works, and we know how to make it work, so JUST DO YOU! make it work, make it happen, cap'n! You got this if you want it, and by perusing this site you will gain much of the support and advise you need. It's gotta be in your heart, so plant it there and continue to make it grow!
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost 150 lbs and have about 25 pounds to go. Set weekly/monthly goals and not just the big goal. I felt the same way you did when I started but inch by inch its a cinch and yard by yard its hard. Set your mind to it and you will accomplish it. Good Luck!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Have an amazing day!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Just stay positive and set mini goals for the journey to your major goal. Work towards your goal daily. Log your food and workouts consistently. Good Luck on your Journey

29509743.png
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! And the good thing is-you started on time! With a full year ahead of you,anything is possible! Set small goals as people suggested and go for it! Best of luck!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your upcoming nuptials! :flowerforyou: If you constantly think about the entire amount of weight you want to lose, it can be overwhelming. Agree with others - break it up into small increments. Every positive food choice and every minute of exercise is a victory. These things add up over time. I personally have over 100 lbs to lose in all but I'm only thinking about the next 10 pounds.

Reward yourself when you reach a milestone - just don't make it a food reward. Personally, I give myself a hair coloring or style with every 10 pound loss. It makes me feel pretty. Tracking your successes here works great - be sure to measure yourself and track those numbers in addition to the weight. You will be pleasantly surprised at your improvement over time.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you again everyone who's replied, lots to take on board.
    I've checked out my average calorie intake according to mfp and it's below 1000 (just) which I know is way too little, I'm going to start adding some lean protein to my dinner and snack on healthy foods more regularly.
    On the weekends I do a 5 mile walk and allow myself to eat something I wouldn't usually, last weekend it was enchiladas. This makes eating nothing but soups for lunch and dinner a bit more manageable and means I eat back the calories I've burned.
    Thank you for all your responses, it's really encouraging and if feel less alone in this!
    I admit I've gone a bit crazy with the calorie counting, often by the end of he day I've eaten just short of 1000 (there are days I eat upto 1300 though) but I find saving some of the calories for the evening helpful, I tend to up my calories by snacking on cup of soups and healthy low calorie deserts so I feel less deprived! For some reason I'm hungry as soon as I have nothing to do, bad habits!

That seems awfully low. You won't be doing yourself any favors if you cut your calories too much and try to lose weight too fast.