Best meal replacement shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Sandra_Iren
    Sandra_Iren Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've had a Shake for breakfast now for 2 years and I love it. I like herbalife and myprotein.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I get a premier protein shake from Sams Club (I believe Costcos sells them too) Low carb, sugar, and high protein. I don't drink them on purpose to replace a meal, but sometimes it happens when I'm in a rush. WHEN I DO I never just drink the shake - I normally add spinach, frozen berries of choice, and some chai seeds for fiber. It's no a fad, it's not a program that costs an arm and a leg - it's just a protein suppliment that you can add more to as a meal replacement if you chose to. I started drinking them because for some odd reason they do less havoc on my belly than the protein powders I've tried. They also have chocolate, strawberries and cream, and I believe strawberry banana.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I get a premier protein shake from Sams Club (I believe Costcos sells them too) Low carb, sugar, and high protein. I don't drink them on purpose to replace a meal, but sometimes it happens when I'm in a rush. WHEN I DO I never just drink the shake - I normally add spinach, frozen berries of choice, and some chai seeds for fiber. It's no a fad, it's not a program that costs an arm and a leg - it's just a protein suppliment that you can add more to as a meal replacement if you chose to. I started drinking them because for some odd reason they do less havoc on my belly than the protein powders I've tried. They also have chocolate, strawberries and cream, and I believe strawberry banana.

Someone recommended that brand to me. Is it premade or a powder?
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I havnt bought a meal replacement drink in ages. I find protoen shakes much more satisfying. Get a good protein powder, I ALWAYS pick chocolate flavor. And my shakes are always 300 calories. I add in mixed berries frozen fruit and fresh banana. Sooooometimes yogurt, maybe milk but mostly water. Sometimes just water sometimes a water milk mix.
    It's not as grab and go as a can of meal replacement but still super fast and you end up drinking WAAAAY more volume wise than the cans. Like, double the about, so it's really filling.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    They will all leave you hungry, and you'll overeat. I've been there and done that, counting calories is by far the better option.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Take 6 oz of cooked chicken, 1 serving of broccoli, 1 serving of brown rice, add water. Blend. Enjoy.

urgh - this reminds me of a crossfit friend who makes raw steak smoothies....no lie....urgh
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Go to SAMs or Costco & get a bag of protein shake mix w vitamins and minerals, low calories & low carbs. I add 1/4 cup fruit, vanilla or almond, ice & water. I feel better when I drink them.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    All I know is that more people prefer chocolate Ensure (over vanilla.) Many who like vanilla want it cold.

For whatever that is worth, lol.

I tried Slimfast years ago. It was expensive and didn't taste good. Maybe it's better now.
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Consider trying Core Nutritionals MRP, available from www.bodybuilding.com .