100 Lost, If I Can, ANYONE Can!

Options
If you're discouraged, shut up and stay and do it!! THIS WORKS! I've lost 113 pounds in 8 months. THIS WORKS! I'm fitness stoopid. I did EVERYTHING wrong: I exercised, then ate, I ate after midnight, I still spent 4 hours watching TV. Log honestly and every day. I don't eat half of what I earn from exercise, usually less, too. I've tweaked a little: some carbs before exercise, lean protein after strength training. I started on 1000 calories, every month or two it rose because I was exercising more, go figure. I'm up to 1800/day, yum! Real strength trainers are up at 2000-2500, lucky munchers. Lately I exercise more but eat less. Stay tuned. If you don't hear from me, someone water my ficus and make sure the dog didn't eat my corpse? Thanks.

Logging every day might sound depressing. Its been my key. You spend 10 minutes online watching cats twerk. Spend 10 minutes saving your life.

We all get discouraged and lose faith. Don't. Please. Look at me. If I can do this, anyone can. Give it time. Try it for a month. After you lose weight, and you will, stay another month, keep coming back.

I'm a new man and I'm not done by half! I move better than I have in years. I've dropped 3 sizes so far. I feel better and happier. I look better :D (I've lost humility pounds, too, heh)

Can you keep a notebook? Sure, but where's the fun in that? friends help. They support, they commiserate. You learn from them. Don't waste too much time here in the forums, enjoy the twerking cats.

Stay and do it. If a moron like me can, anyone can! Best of luck!

Replies

• tayleigh4
    tayleigh4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, keep up the great work. I guarantee this post will motivate many people, as it has motivated me! Thank you. Never give up :) keep pushing to be better!!
  • xo_jenny
    xo_jenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far and thank you for your no-nonsense words of wisdom. Good luck to you as you continue your journey!!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great post and congrats on your success. I have a question, did you always stay within your calorie limit or did you go over and exercise to make up for the negative calorie number. I try to stay under but most days I go over by a little but make it up with exercise. Just curious?
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Logging every day might sound depressing. Its been my key. You spend 10 minutes online watching cats twerk. Spend 10 minutes saving your life.

My officemate wants to know why I just snorted out loud. Well said. You are inspirational and fun to have on my friends list, congrats as always to you.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post and I shall continue to log, though I am going to so miss those twerking cats :->

Congrats on the whole life change :-)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    We want more pictures! :) Wink
  • iMona_Li
    Options
    Congrats to you!! What an inspiration! Because of you, I'm going to force myself to go to Crossfit today even though I would prefer to go home and go to bed :smile:
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for your inspiring, encouraging, and hilarious message/post!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    What a delightful post to read for two reasons:

(1) your determination to keep going and your SUCCESS

(2) your hilarious sense of humor (even though I don't normally care for self-deprecating comments)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

My officemate wants to know why I just snorted out loud. Well said. You are inspirational and fun to have on my friends list, congrats as always to you.

Same here, I should be careful what I read while at work :) Congrats on your progress!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    congrats dude!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First and foremost Congratulations and thanks for being so inspiring! Secondly, this comment made my day!

"You spend 10 minutes online watching cats twerk. Spend 10 minutes saving your life."

I am still laughing...which burns calories! :)
  • tinymandi
    tinymandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! This is the motivation that I needed to hear today.
  • prncssjnn
    prncssjnn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this today! I had a bad binge in the middle of the night last night and was just feeling ****ty this morning. I logged it in yesterdays diary and have started over fresh today. I have a 55 day streak! I will continue to log and keep going :) Thanks so much!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well said my MFP pal!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed a pep talk. Came to the community for some inspiration to get back at it. Found it here. You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!